• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My family is heading to roy lake for the fourth to do some camping. I am planning on pulling the boat out. I am familiar with some lakes in this area but i have never been out on roy. I was wondering where some good places to try would be. WHat i might plan on catching, and what usually works the best as far as presentations. Any info is greatly apprecaited.

Have heard there are smallmouth bass in Roy Lake and that there is decent cabins there too. Might like to spend three days fishing. Am thinking end of June might be good. We would bring our own boat.

Any thoughts from those who have been there?

I want to go fish roy lake and am wondering when the best time to fish for walleyes is.....I'm on vacation all week and have another in may and yet another in june.........I'd probably camp at the stait park....

The fishing is good but the earlier the better and this spring I would go in May. The state park is decent which is where some cabins are located. The wind can be a real challenge on this lake and for that matter all the lake in this area.

Me and my gal are going to be at Roy lake SP this coming weekend. We have not been in that area of SD and are looking forward to getting out there.

Can someone help out with some fishing reports from Roy and the surrounding lakes and maybe some ideas on what is working to catch some fish.

Thanks for the help!

Andy

You should hit a nice stretch of days, i own a house in webster south of roy lake about 25 miles and fish the lakes around thier quite often will be making three trips in june, waubay will be good if u get down to webster talk to doug at the sportsmans cove he will be happy to help you, if u need any more help email me at [email protected]

Roy is a great lake to fish! The action might not be fast and furious like they show on TV, but the average size is great. Be patient, fish shallow, and you can get some very nice walleyes mixed in with the pike and smallmouth. The bays go on forever, don't be afraid to fish the parts that have no cabins or boats in them. You never know what you'll find out there.