• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

THANKS DTRO

wall_eye_assasin

I have fished for channel cats for along long time but have never caught a flathead catfish. I have been trying this year from shore. I have three spots now and have been out three times but to no avail. I have read alot of information about catching these monsters and learned about tips and knowledge of fellow fisherman. I have to say the one that finally got my first flathead was a tip from DTRO about putting a rattle bobber on your snell between the hook and the swivel. I bought a few of these bobbers and tied one on last night and put on on my buddys line. Well the rest is history, we ended up catching two flatheads. They were not monsters but they were flathead catfish and the big ones will start coming now. I truly want to thank you DTRO for helping me catching my first flathead catfish..............THANK YOU

Hey Kirk, thanks not needed, glad to hear you found a couple of Flatty’s!

That is what these forum are all about. I sure can’t take all the credit for that rattle bobber deal either. SteveD deserves at least half the credit, had he not had one of those in his boat the other night, it just would’ve still been another thought in my head, and to be honest I’m still not sure how much of a difference it makes, but from preliminary results it doesn’t seem to be hurting the bite, so that is a good thing.

If you really want to thank me, you’ll have to think about taking me to your secret channel cat spot you found this spring wink

It would an honor to fish with you and yes, I would take you to my spring spot for channels. If you ever get an open seat for flatheads, you let me know and if I can make it I would pay my way plus. Anytime you want to make that channel cat spot you drop me a line, you know how to get a hold of me. Thanks again DTRO, I truly mean that. My first flathead meant alot to me and yes I thank Steve D. also because I have learned so much from both of you guys..........