• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Wheeler ?

WALLEYEDUDE2001

They are very nice but are expensive. They will definately put out good power but you are paying for it. IMO there are other machines out there that can do more for less money. What are you going to use it for, how much do you want to spend, and what kind of power do you want?

With a question like what kind of four wheeler to buy all you are going to get is the Polaris guys saying to buy polaris, kawasaki guys saying to buy a kawi, suzuki guys sayin to buy suzuki and so on! The best thing you can do is to drive all the brands and do a fair comparison on them all! To pull a fish house a 500 would work just fine! I drove them all and ended up really liking the kawasaki brute force 650 and i love it!! It's all personal preference, ride them all and see what ya like!! Ask the dealers for advice too, they will tell ya what the best sellers are and the ones that come back to the shop to get worked on the most!! Good luck shopping!!

the 500 can am has the same power as a king quad 750 or a grizzly 700 that is part of the reason they are so expensive is because of the power but also they are the best riding quad out there

if you like your comfort and have the extra money i would say buy a can am

Its no secret I'm a yamaha guy but if you are looking for a wheeler based strictly for utlity uses pulling fish houses trailers whatever and not concerned about speed or crazy handling I would look at a honda rubicon 500 or an arctic cat 500 I know both these machines are very reliable I ride with both and with low gearing they have the power to do what you need. Its not like you're going to be doing 50 with a load on anyway.

There's alot to choose from with the newer 500-550 models out there. Yamaha has a great 550, and Suzuki has a new 500 both with optional power steering. If you want something bigger there's the Yamaha Grizzly 700,the Suzuki Kingquad 750,Honda Rincon 680 (700), or the Kawasaki Brute Force 650 or 750. I'd lean towards the newer 500-550's myself depending on price compared to the 700-750's.

The Can Am 500 runs with a Honda Rincon, and will be smoked by a KQ750 or Grizz 700

Thanks for pointing this out before I did!

Even though I owned a Honda Rincon, I have to admit that it's not the machine for any type of heavy towing. If that's what you want in a machine for a reasonable price, I will echo what many have already said, go with a machine in the 500-550 class that has a low range.

Doesn't matter what manufacturer you choose, you really can't go wrong with Suzuki, kawi, Yamaha, Honda, or even Arctic cat or Polaris. It's all going to come down to your personal preference and which machine fits you the best.

i dont agree with the numbers but i was just saying what the can am dealer told me

my king quad 750 will smoke and can am 650 and i can keep up with a 800 2-up all i have done to the motor is a clutch kit and a air filter

i just got a 07 outlander 500 in january it was new and all said and done was 7200

the power is heir my brother has a 05 700 popo and the 500 will take his from the starting line not by alot but it will do it. i have also ran against a griz 700 the griz is stronger off the line but after that their about even.the ride is also very nice it dosnt seem to have the body role that most other utilty quads have.

now the part i dont like

you have to keep the radiator clean these quads run hot and if you have a bunch of stuf in the radiator it will turn check engine light on

the charging and battery montering system arnt the best i have never had this problem but i have heard lots about it. if you are doing alot of wintching and the battery voltage starts getting low it will turn the check engine light on. this isnt reall a bad thing just anoying. i have seen other quads stall because the winch killed the battery and than not be able to start because the battery was dead

and the last thing is their is a service message that comes on at set intervals that only the dealer can turn off. dosent effect anything if you dont reset it just gets annoying every time you turn the quad on the message comes up.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=d1543d9c-37e1-4882-be26-29419f71e5bb&Aux=54|0|8CB8AA2245B87C0|

its not as common but it still happens. and i think it is just the way the computers are set up in all can ams their set up so no damage is done to the quad where most others the light comes on when its probaly to late or just befor.

All i meant was that the stock machines didn't impress me much with their looks!! If a person wants to spend extra money to make their machine look good they can do that to any machine!! I do think can ams are one of the best if not the best machine out there if you want to spend that kind of money, just didn't care for the look of the STOCK machine!!!