• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rocky mtn oysters

O.K you all might think this is strange but I got a good one for Ya.

Went denutting this week end and here is the deal

Calf nuts

slit some grooves insert garlic chunks (cloves )

Marinade with havana garlic and lime for 2 hours

grill on a high heat for 2 min. a side

Can also wrap in bacon as well. That was very good.

I'll post some pics once I fiqure it out.

Dip:

cucumber ranch was really good.

BBQ was also real good.

The Kleck.

It took me quite a little liquid courage, but I tried some way back in my youth, late 60's, they aren't bad. The ones I ate were deep-fried with a secret breading some of the home-town cooks came up with. The bar in town held a nut-fry every summer, you couldn't find a parking spot within a mile!

back in high school, my buddies mom fried up some rocky mtn oysters and didn't tell us what they were. she always surprised us with good food so we ate them up. very good meal, no alcohol involved then, and they were delish. we all had second thoughts after we found out they were "nuts". same way i was introduced to smoked carp. gross sounding things can be very tasty at times.

You can always get some in Port Wing, WI at the testicle festival, usually the third week of June. Found myself there two years ago with a little liquid courage and an empty stomach. I must say I ate 4-5 different species and all were pretty good.

Some RM oysters, a little chislic, soda crackers to sop up the grease in your stomach and beer with 8 olives in it. Can't get much more South Dakotan than that....

Now why on earth would I want to be South Dakotan?