• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Pics

BTW, I see you're in the metro kingfisher. Any chance of getting a lake name out of ya? Judging by the size of the lake and the low water level I'd say either bald eagle, white bear, turtle, big marine, or forest. I've seen a picture over at the bait shop in Fridley of an 80+lb carp out of bald eagle from several years ago.

BTW, I see you're in the metro kingfisher. Any chance of getting a lake name out of ya? Judging by the size of the lake and the low water level I'd say either bald eagle, white bear, turtle, big marine, or forest. I've seen a picture over at the bait shop in Fridley of an 80+lb carp out of bald eagle from several years ago.

I actually live in Plymouth too, but I was up north a ways when I got those. I usually go to Buffalo or clearwater when I go down here. I'm waiting to get my flat bottom home so I can build some platforms for it. I have the lights, front and back motors, and generator but I need to find an in-exspensive way to build a platform.

I know the lake you were on King. Actually I met your buddy that lives on the lake, I have a place just down the shoreline from him. He took us out for a couple hours but the fish were scarce. Ill be up this weekend though so hopefully there back in the shallows and we can get a good night to chase them.

Quote:
WOW!! That thing is a giant. What lake did he get those on?

Can't be too specific but the Chippewa River system. There are nice ones like that in the Dells, below Wissota, in Wissota, Old Abe, Cornell, etc.

I know the lake you were on King. Actually I met your buddy that lives on the lake, I have a place just down the shoreline from him. He took us out for a couple hours but the fish were scarce. Ill be up this weekend though so hopefully there back in the shallows and we can get a good night to chase them.

Yeah I'll be up this weekend too. Were going to go out for a couple hours Thursday night and then again either Friday or Saturday night. He had mentioned he took a couple guys out. How did you like the pontoon setup?

There are lots of carp that size in Clearwater. I have personally boated a 32lb (hook & line) and speared/arrowed several between 25 and 30, including a 26lb and 10lb on one throw with a big spear. I have seen fish at 36lbs (buddy's dad off the dock on an ultralight and 4lb line), and many more speared and arrowed over 25lbs. One friend got a 26lb'er scuba diving with a spear gun right under our boat. Said the fish was swimming in a school right beside him. Biggest one that I know of was 44lbs on a spear.

has anyone tried using standard scaffolding for a pltform? i have a 28' pontoon that i am putting trollling motor on this weekend & want to be able to remove the platform weasily with my kids for regular cruising/fishing.

looking for a lightweight safe & removable platform ideads.

thanks,

There are lots of carp that size in Clearwater. I have personally boated a 32lb (hook & line) and speared/arrowed several between 25 and 30, including a 26lb and 10lb on one throw with a big spear. I have seen fish at 36lbs (buddy's dad off the dock on an ultralight and 4lb line), and many more speared and arrowed over 25lbs. One friend got a 26lb'er scuba diving with a spear gun right under our boat. Said the fish was swimming in a school right beside him. Biggest one that I know of was 44lbs on a spear.

The current state record was taken out of there at 55lbs 5oz

just aheads up the scaffolding worked great on the pontoon, better than our shooting. we got right up on a bunch of carp but our lab saw them also & went in after. didn't get to hit any, next time we leave dog home.