• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wrist Support Brace?

JimBuck

Alright guys. I have a wrist (casting arm) that's been giving me problems when spending a long day on the water throwing lures. I played Soccer all through college as a Goalkeeper and my wrists have a history of acting up after a few hours(Surgery doesn't always make it feel better). I'm in my mid-20's so I feel like this type of thing shouldn't slow me down....yet! wink

What do you guys with wrist problems use that help aide fatigue while casting?

Any recommendations would be great as I'm preparing for a week long trip to LOTW and don't want a wrist to stop me from catching some biggun's. Cheers.

Goto your local drug store or Wally world and look at the neoprene braces. They have them for wrists that will keep your wrist warm, tight and feeling good. Have a buddy that uses one and it works well for him. Otherwise, wrap that bad boy up in 100mph tape and drive on!!

When I had a plate in my wrist I was going through the same thing. One thing that helped a little was to make sure that my wrist was straight, and I was not trying to flick it on the cast. Once you do it a little bit and get used to it you will lose very little on your distance.

I am also in my mid 20's and have had wrist problems. I have them on my left side. I have worn one of those braces on and off for years and they sure help when you wear it for a couple weeks but then you go without for a few days and it starts acting up. I can see where running a figure 8 would be a problem, they are desighned to somewhat imobilize it and keep it straight. I'm about ready to have the surgery but i'm notready for the 2000 dollar co-pay. If you have good insurance unlike my cheap company i would get it over while you are young and still heal easy.

My wrist kills me, i did a boxer break from a jack falling over on it while under a truck. I noticed while fishing on leech, it did not matter if I was out for an hour or the day, it would start acting up. I carry coband with me, the elastic type tape the docs and hospitals use now. Go to a vet supply and pick it up as if you buy at drug store or regular store it is about double from a vet. I wrap my everyday when working or using my hand alot. Get it fixed when you can, being in my late 40's my wrist and hands are the first to start bothering me when i do anything.