• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RiverPro for Sale

wastewaterguru

Alright....maybe not!!

I hear a lot of guys complain about fishing in smaller boats after they ride in the big wide-open RiverPro. But they are missing the point.

I was lucky to have the passenger seat in Darren's boat last night and there is something about a smaller boat that just feels right.

No fish last night, but that feeling of being more focused on the fishing was very well appreciated. The slingshots and other distractions that a bigger boat allows are great when the fishing's slow, but for raw fishing......there is nothing more effective than a small boat.

Thanks Darren for having me along. I guess I'll keep the RP for now as long as I can jump in some smaller boats once in a while.

That was the first trip on the river in anyone else's boat for me this year.........and I liked it.

We can take my boat anytime John, you just never give me the chance to offer smile

Believe it or not guys, John has put nearly 100hrs on his boat already.

Think about that one for a couple of minutes......

Yeah most guys put 20 or 30 hours a season on their boats. I am headed toward 200+ for just this season. I am definately not complaining about that.

I love being out there and the whole reason I have a boat is so that I can use it as much as possible.

I just like the change of scenery of fishing in someone else's rig once in a while. I was actually hoping that since I usually put everyone but me on big fish in my boat that I would catch the big one out of Darren's.

The only problem was that Darren didn't put us on any fish last night!!

smile

I figured Ed and Kyle would be all over this thread by now grin

Yep the confidence level of fishing from shore can be in the negative readings while heading down to the spot when you have been fishing from a boat the last bunch of trips out. But! If you get to that shore spot and catch something with in a half hour of getting their the confi factor rockets up rather quick wink I love shore fishing it was where it start for me.

To bad you guys did not get any fish last night.

I firmly believe Dtro and WWG but thought "man that is a ton of hours, is he leaving the ign. key on while fishing?" but actually when you break down how much John has been on the water this year from breaking ice, sturgeon and catfish time 300-400 hours is very possible. Heck I blow 80 hours a week just at work like nothing grin. Fish every day when you get off of work for the last 4 or 5 months 300-400 hours on the water adds up quick.

Yes Congrates.

Nice avatar PB.

ed I think that I'm very close to the net time that your running and my boat is also abused during waterfowl season. So its ice out to ice on and I have broken my share of ice to go hunting and fishing grin but in al realality a smaller boat brings you back to were it all started no wait that would be fishing for shore on the sandcreek grin

I wish I could say it was all productive fishing.

But it wasn't.

I just really like the river.....

And yes that's 100 hours of actual engine time per the hour meter on the boat. I don't leave the ignition on.

I look at it as mental health therapy. Still cheaper than a psychiatrist. I was out alone last night for 6 hours. Only put 30 minues on the motor though.

Hotpocket, you might have the running record this year. How many hours have you logged this year? You're the only one I know who fishes all morning and early afternoon with Drew, then meets John at the ramp and go out again til midnight. wink