• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bearing replacement

grizkid

i have a 2002 grizzly 660 went out today and after about 20 miles had this awful squeel pulled over and it appears the bearing where the drive shaft goes in has failed any idea how tough this is to replace and can it be done at home with the basic tools a guy has. can't blame the machine i don't maintain it all to well and shes got alot of miles

Is it the front or rear and I'm guessing the wheel bearing?

If it's the wheel bearing, I did mine in an 04 Sportsman in about 20 minutes. The only catch is you need access to a press and a "tube/puck" to help press it out.

chasin its not the wheel bearing its actually the bearing where the drive shaft goes into the gear case looks to be pretty tought to get at i think i'm just going to pull the whole motor and case out of the machine and go from there at leaset i'll save on that labor. Thanks for the reply though

Is it on the front drive shaft or rear? Is it leaking any oil? Are you sure its the bearing? Could it be the splines on the coupler? They are known for getting sloppy. I have never hear of someone losing a driveshaft bearing on the engine. If it is the bearing I am betting you are in for a lengthy project! I have an 05 Grizzly that I had the moter out once. Removal of the entire motor requires removal of both diffs which requires removal of all the A-arms.

dozer and chasin i tore into it a little bit last night and have determined that it is not the bearing on the motor but the one on the rear diff so i pulled the diff and am taking it into a local bearing shop to have a new one pressed in I may still pull the motor would really like to install the 686 kit and the machines getting a little tired 4912 miles it could use some rings at the least