• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KVD blanks on Final Day

bassNspear

How many tournaments do you think the Eliete Series goes to and plans for KVD to come to a weigh in with NO FISH.

Go to espn.com and check out the story. Its crazy, and it proves to show that even if your the best in the world, you still have to have some skill to get some fish!

I haven't been blanked this year, but I've pushed it right up to sunset once this year. I'm hoping to keep it up all season.

I'm having trouble finding the article though, ran a search for both KVD and Elite Series and came up empty.

Hiya -

Stuff happens to everyone I suppose, even the best of the best. I watched a fish pull a rod right out of Al Linder's hand once...that was an eye-opener... shocked Had to tow Dan Sura off of Leech Lake in the dark one night because he'd plugged up his water intake with mud and fried his engine...

They're all human...

No doubt that everyone is human. It just happens to people like KVD at lot less.

Quote:
I watched a fish pull a rod right out of Al Linder's hand once...that was an eye-opener... Had to tow Dan Sura off of Leech Lake in the dark one night because he'd plugged up his water intake with mud and fried his engine...

They're all human...

Where did you see this? I would love to see that outtake =)

Where did you see this? I would love to see that outtake =)

Probably 20 years ago now, walleye fishing on Leech. He'd just released a fish, and was fiddling with the depth finder or something. He kind of had the rod loosely in his off hand and was turned funny when something - probably a pike I suppose - just smoked his jig and took off at 100mph. Rod just went - ZIP - into the drink. I didn't say a word, neither did he. He grabbed another rod out of the rod locker and kept fishing... It was pretty funny. Like I said - stuff happens. (His brother turned a Ranger bass boat upside down in a parking lot once...)

How many tournaments do you think the Eliete Series goes to and plans for KVD to come to a weigh in with NO FISH.

Go to espn.com and check out the story. Its crazy, and it proves to show that even if your the best in the world, you still have to have some skill to get some fish!

So you are saying KVD does not have skills because he did not catch a weighable fish the last day? Come on.

Originally Posted By: Muddog
This may be a shock to you but, He isn't a fishing GOD.

On any given day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there anyone better then him in the world?

KVD is ONE of the best. There are many out there.

Quote:
is there anyone better then him in the world?

He understands the fish and plays the odds. The camers and the hype do the rest. It's not the boat, the rod, the reel, the fishermen, or the shoes. It is about knowing the fish and giving the fish what it wants! He's a saleman. Just look at his shirt.

RK, I've had a feeling I read your stuff before. You are a pleasure to read.

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear

So you are saying KVD does not have skills because he did not catch a weighable fish the last day? Come on.

Thats not what i said, i said i was very suprised to see that he didnt caught a fish on the last day. Never did i say anythign about not having the skills to fish it