• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle Lake, Maple Grove

Good point, the launch is a bear......

The lake itself is fun to fish, despite the small size it has depth, weed flats, edges, points, etc. It's small enough that you can cover it all in a few hours, so really as for tips, go work a few areas and a few depths and see if a pattern emerges.

Only been out there once so far, but had one fish go after blades and another couple "low and slow" follows on rubber.

Water clarity is decent now but keep in mind water temps are still sub-70. It does get pretty stained so think of vibration and sound in your lure selection.

I've had better luck with the muskies fishing bass later in the day after casting big stuff then I do with the tradition musky gear. But being the owner of a relatively small boat, I actually enjoy bad accesses like that to get away from crowds and big boats

Zelmsdawg

Eagle definetely has some nice Muskie. I live 1 mile down the road from the access. There are 50 plus inch Muskie in there. I have seen them in the shallows in the early Spring. I have heard very little positive stories regarding an actual catch. I think there is a lot of small bait fish in the lake for them to feed on.

Eagle has been a tough lake for me to figure out. Very little success. I have had a few days where in thelate evenings I have hit some bass on topwater around all the lilypads and a few nice Northern - but have never even had a Muskie follow. As a previous poster mentioned its a very small lake. Doesnt take much time to work around the whole lake. be careful after the landing it stays shallow for awhile and especially to the right hand side.

The "shop" I work out of a couple days a week is just up the street mabe a mile. I was looking at this as an eavning after work type fishing opprotunity. And a chance at a 'ski as well.

What am I looking at with the landing. Just how shallow is it. Bow mount out? Or just think skinny? The DNR map leaves a lot to be desired.

I fished Eagle a lot years ago, and caught 2 muskies while not even targeting them. One while casting for bass, went about 5 pounds. Then the big boy while ice fishing a tip up with a shiner for pike. That one went 40 inches. Both were caught on the north end.

The "shop" I work out of a couple days a week is just up the street mabe a mile. I was looking at this as an eavning after work type fishing opprotunity. And a chance at a 'ski as well.

What am I looking at with the landing. Just how shallow is it. Bow mount out? Or just think skinny? The DNR map leaves a lot to be desired.

Sounds like the guy with the roller trailer might be better off than the guy with the bunks. wink

Hey PostFrontal, I think I saw you guys when you guys caugth that one. Looked like you guys were filming?

It was slow for me also. One follow, and a baby pike thought he could swallow big phantom. Water is looking rough, worse then last year this time.

So... depending on the weather... Am I dragging the boat to work Tuesday night, or what?

I am getting more excited/curios about this lake everytime I drive past...

Sorry, didn't see the question till now and you didn't push the issue today. You should've. I would've.

If you catch this before 5 am Tues., leave a VM on my cell. I'll bring rods.