• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mississippi river cats in monticello area..?

kittycatcher16

KC16 Yes grin

For one they are always biting in that area. For two the local bait store stating the 15-20lbers channels are biting pretty good with a report of a 53lb being caught laugh They also said river bugs are the hot ticket right now wink. Ah good times! I had to give them a call and find out my self.

Welcome to FM and the Cat Forum also. Very cool you signed up.

For three what kind of question is this for your first one in the cat forum? I would be giving you a call to find this out.

Sorry you did not bang any big ones on the red last weekend. When you go to Lockport they should be going good by then.

LOL I wish i could get up to lockport!! My next trip is going to be to grand forks or drayton...I do want to get down to the mn river and catch a 50lber like you my friend! maybe later on this summer. As of now i will stick to monticello where there is for sure action.

Oh I thought it was Lockport.

Yep make sure to get a picture of the 53lb channel when you you get him/her laugh They also said casting some sort of lure they sell is hot right now also smirk

KC16 Yes grin

For one they are always biting in that area. For two the local bait store stating the 15-20lbers channels are biting pretty good with a report of a 53lb being caught laugh They also said river bugs are the hot ticket right now wink. Ah good times! I had to give them a call and find out my self.

Welcome to FM and the Cat Forum also. Very cool you signed up.

For three what kind of question is this for your first one in the cat forum? I would be giving you a call to find this out.

Sorry you did not bang any big ones on the red last weekend. When you go to Lockport they should be going good by then.

true that! whenever we fish monticello, we usually get tons of cats! tons of fun. never got any hogs. but i know monticello has some true monsters.

we always go to the catfish capitol of the north is we want trophy channel cats wink

Went out today and caught a few channels in monti...Didnt want shackbash to hear this but.. I got 4 cats nothing under 40 lbs..Dont tell monti bait though or they will let the word out that record channels are being caught daily! lol I only got one cat that went 5lbs or so...sorry shack no records...TODAY.

twostroke it is an inside joke (kind of) grin.

A local bait store employee some how got their wires crossed on reports (I assume) and was reporting some interesting info on the current channel cat bite upon the Mississippi in Montiville grin

I think the issue has since been corrected but one of the things being reported was a 53lb channel being caught in down town Monticello.

Either someone was playing a joke on a unknowing (noncatfishing and young) employee, was telling some major fish tails at the bait counter or reports from catfish being caught down in the cities or Mankato where construed as being caught in Monticello.

I got down wind of this a week or two back, but it did not sink in, then kittycatcher16 called me about it, and since then another buddy from Big Lake informed me of hearing this also. So I had to call and sure enough I was told the same thing grin.

Just a miss understanding is what I figure but pretty funny grin.