Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
mikey03

help with on board charger

I need some help a little confused on the on board charger I just bought. I purchased a mk 210 on board charger and my assumptions were always that the on board chargers took the power off the boats alternator. The one I purchased has a AC cord on the end and I'm kind of confused to why you would want this style? just so it is easier to charge when you get back home? anyone that could help me out on what I'm looking for I greatly appreciate the help! thanks!

The charger that pulls off the alternator is a DC charger, sometimes called a charge on the run system. Most on-board chargers are AC chargers that you plug in when the boat is in your garage and unplug when you take it to the lake.

You can see the Minn Kota AC and DC chargers and their differences HERE

You will get a much fuller charge with the AC version (plug in style, like you have) than with the version that charges from your boat's batteries, unless you have a high HP motor with a high amperage output or run a long ways at full throttle during a typical fishing trip.

marine_man

I have the AC style and for me it works great while in my garage I leave it pluged in. Unplug it when I go fishing and batteries are always charged up and ready to go. I run a dual pro charger that shuts off when the batteries are at full charge. It moniters the batteries and when they dip down it will automatically turn back on to keep them topped off.

the motor is usually hooked up to the cranking/starting battery and charges that as you run the big motor, and usually the on board charger is hooked up to your deep cycle/trolling motor batteries. We just put one in my dads boat and like Trollin226 said it stays plugged in all the time and keeps the batteries topped off but not over charged. We have a 2 bank that puts 5 amps to each battery.

usually the on board charger is hooked up to your deep cycle/trolling motor batteries

It is getting more common to buy a 3 bank charger as well, to charge both trolling motor batteries and your starting battery.

marine_man