• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pflueger president spinning reel pros and cons

mrpike1973

I don't have any pflueger spinning reels but have heard good things about them, and I've used a small pflueger spinning reel ice fishing and really liked it. I have a pflueger president casting reel and have been happy with that.

I don't have the president but I bought the supreme last year and it is the best reel I have owned, I have a few Stradics, a Quantum energy, and some others and this one is the lightest and smoothest IMO... I will be buying more of them in the future. I have spun some of the presidents and they seem very nice as well and you'll be more than happy, but if the budget allows, consider the supreme...

They're the only spinning reels I buy. For the money, you can't go wrong. Even the cheaper ones (trion I think?) are very nice. You won't be dissapointed in them. I've had a president for about 5 years, and it still looks and functions as brand new.

I own five of these reels. Never had a problem. My friends who borrow my gear have always commented on how much they like the reel....so no complaints...well worth the money.

I bought a 6740 for my son (13) to use in MN on our trip. He did not have any issues with it except that I put vanish 8 lb line on it and it would unravel or knot up if he did not keep some tension on the line when reeling in. While most of us know how to do it properly, being 13 he knows everything and that he did not need to do anything like that. He felt like a loose line was the best until he birds nested and ended up cutting a bunch out of the spool. Make sure you get the extra spool with it, and if you call pfluger and ask for another, they will send you one at no charge. Good luck

I prefer the reel handls on the president XT & Supreme reels over the rose wood handle of the old president.

Love the light weight of the Supreme spinning reels (Magnesium)!

Anyone having anyu problems with line twists on your Supreme reels? It might be something I am doing, still haven't pinned it down yet.