Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
mrpike1973

pflueger president spinning reel pros and cons

I don't have any pflueger spinning reels but have heard good things about them, and I've used a small pflueger spinning reel ice fishing and really liked it. I have a pflueger president casting reel and have been happy with that.

I use a Pflueger president 6730 spinning reel and am very happy with it. One of the smoothest reels I've owned.

IMO you can't go wrong with a Pflueger.

I don't have the president but I bought the supreme last year and it is the best reel I have owned, I have a few Stradics, a Quantum energy, and some others and this one is the lightest and smoothest IMO... I will be buying more of them in the future. I have spun some of the presidents and they seem very nice as well and you'll be more than happy, but if the budget allows, consider the supreme...

I have had the 6725 for a couple years now with no problems. no complaints. Just picked up the 6735 last week for another rod. I think they are great reels for the money.

They're the only spinning reels I buy. For the money, you can't go wrong. Even the cheaper ones (trion I think?) are very nice. You won't be dissapointed in them. I've had a president for about 5 years, and it still looks and functions as brand new.

No complaints with any of my Pfluegers. I have about a dozen - 4 fly reels, 3 presidents, and a pile of the micro trions for icefishing. I'd put the Presidents up against the Stradics I have also...

It is my prefered spinning reel. If I'm not using a baitcaster, I have a pflueger president spinning reel in my hand.

I had 2 of them (Presidents), one is still working great but the first one broke in the 1st year. I emailed the company and never heard a thing back from them. Caveat emptor.

I own five of these reels. Never had a problem. My friends who borrow my gear have always commented on how much they like the reel....so no complaints...well worth the money.

thanks for all the comments i called pflueger they said there are still some out there but they are discontinuing them its now the president xt for about 70 bucks

I have 4 larger sized presidents, 8 micro's for walleye ice fishing, and 2 supreme XT reels and have never had a problem with any of them so far. Solid and very affordable IMO.

I bought a 6740 for my son (13) to use in MN on our trip. He did not have any issues with it except that I put vanish 8 lb line on it and it would unravel or knot up if he did not keep some tension on the line when reeling in. While most of us know how to do it properly, being 13 he knows everything and that he did not need to do anything like that. He felt like a loose line was the best until he birds nested and ended up cutting a bunch out of the spool. Make sure you get the extra spool with it, and if you call pfluger and ask for another, they will send you one at no charge. Good luck

I prefer the reel handls on the president XT & Supreme reels over the rose wood handle of the old president.

Love the light weight of the Supreme spinning reels (Magnesium)!

Anyone having anyu problems with line twists on your Supreme reels? It might be something I am doing, still haven't pinned it down yet.