Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrpike1973

pflueger president spinning reel pros and cons

33 posts in this topic

thinking of buying one of these reels any comments on how good they are thanks

I don't have any pflueger spinning reels but have heard good things about them, and I've used a small pflueger spinning reel ice fishing and really liked it. I have a pflueger president casting reel and have been happy with that.

I use a Pflueger president 6730 spinning reel and am very happy with it. One of the smoothest reels I've owned.

IMO you can't go wrong with a Pflueger.

I don't have the president but I bought the supreme last year and it is the best reel I have owned, I have a few Stradics, a Quantum energy, and some others and this one is the lightest and smoothest IMO... I will be buying more of them in the future. I have spun some of the presidents and they seem very nice as well and you'll be more than happy, but if the budget allows, consider the supreme...

I have had the 6725 for a couple years now with no problems. no complaints. Just picked up the 6735 last week for another rod. I think they are great reels for the money.

I love mine, although it's a little big for my liking. I wish I would have gotten one size smaller.

My favorite reel!

They're the only spinning reels I buy. For the money, you can't go wrong. Even the cheaper ones (trion I think?) are very nice. You won't be dissapointed in them. I've had a president for about 5 years, and it still looks and functions as brand new.

No complaints with any of my Pfluegers. I have about a dozen - 4 fly reels, 3 presidents, and a pile of the micro trions for icefishing. I'd put the Presidents up against the Stradics I have also...

It is my prefered spinning reel. If I'm not using a baitcaster, I have a pflueger president spinning reel in my hand.

I have 4 Pflueger President spinning reels and have not had a problem with any of them. Nice reel for the price. Smooth!!!

i have had a few of them, and had alot of great luck with them. have been a great product for me!

I had 2 of them (Presidents), one is still working great but the first one broke in the 1st year. I emailed the company and never heard a thing back from them. Caveat emptor.

I own five of these reels. Never had a problem. My friends who borrow my gear have always commented on how much they like the reel....so no complaints...well worth the money.

thinking of buying one of these reels any comments on how good they are thanks

Dang! Looks like you better go buy one... or 4 smile

thanks for all the comments i called pflueger they said there are still some out there but they are discontinuing them its now the president xt for about 70 bucks

I have 4 larger sized presidents, 8 micro's for walleye ice fishing, and 2 supreme XT reels and have never had a problem with any of them so far. Solid and very affordable IMO.

I bought a 6740 for my son (13) to use in MN on our trip. He did not have any issues with it except that I put vanish 8 lb line on it and it would unravel or knot up if he did not keep some tension on the line when reeling in. While most of us know how to do it properly, being 13 he knows everything and that he did not need to do anything like that. He felt like a loose line was the best until he birds nested and ended up cutting a bunch out of the spool. Make sure you get the extra spool with it, and if you call pfluger and ask for another, they will send you one at no charge. Good luck

I have 3, no problems at all. I echo all others and would recommend them.

I prefer the reel handls on the president XT & Supreme reels over the rose wood handle of the old president.

Love the light weight of the Supreme spinning reels (Magnesium)!

Anyone having anyu problems with line twists on your Supreme reels? It might be something I am doing, still haven't pinned it down yet.