• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anthony Swarzak sent down

SledNeck

A clutch hit for the Twins last night and it would have changed the outcome of the game. Right now there is not one person who has come through when it has been needed most. Same thing on the road trip, a couple clutch hits and some of the losses would have been wins. They have some great hitters, just not in clutch situations. The bullpen needs a complete overhaul as well. If we bring up Swarzak, Liriano might give the bullpen a lift. Even if that happens our pen will still be garbage IMO.

I agree with what you have all said about Swarzak being sent down. Some great points there. I guess professional baseball is run a lot different than most other professional sports. They don't have minor league football, basketball, or hockey in the same sense as minor league baseball as players come up and down all the time. Allthough I think they do a little in hockey, but not the extent they do in baseball.

I just see this as a player who pitches one of the best, if not the best, games I have seen all year. Any other level of baseball besides the professional level, or in any other sport in the professional level, you would never see a player benched or let go after a great game. I realize Perkins earned his spot where he is now, but we have some pretty questionable players as well. I know it's a long season, but I like to go with the players that are playing GOOD as of late and coming off of great games. Confidence can carry a player into huge hot streaks. I thought Swarzak had that type of flow going for him.

I think he wrote his own ticket down based on the two games prior. Not so good. He totally melted down in Oakland. For pete's sake he hit a guy in the head. And it wasn't like it was one pitch that got away from him, he totally couldn't find the strike zone period. The game previous to that he wasn't very good either. The nice thing and what I think everybody including the organization saw was he bounced back in his last start and showed what he has and what he's made of. I beleive he'll back especially the way the option-thing works. He can come back forth all year as needed. Its a long season and its almost assured one of our starters will falter or need some DL time. The other thinig is, Swarzak is being groomed to be a starter. I don't think they want him in the pen or missing any starts. Back down to Roch, get your innings in, get your work in, and he'll be back.

Zamboni, I think you get your wish sooner than you think, if Swarzak is still doing well down there, or as Sledneck said stick him in the pen. The franchise has a great ERA the first time through the order, after that it jumps quite a bit..