Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jason007

HDS -7 estimated positioning error

5 posts in this topic

When I look at the satellites it is locked into I noticed I can never get any better than in the upper 20's to mid 30's for the EPE reading. If I am understanding correctly if I mark a waypoint and come back to it later I could be off by as much as my positioning error was when I marked it. To get this more accurate would the LGC-4000 puck be worth it? Wondering what the puck would get the EPE down to.

Thats an excellent question. When I bought mine, a gentlemen recommended that I take it out and try the internal first. After trying this it seemed that the cursor was too far behind than I really liked it to be. I'm thinking about spending the extra $370.00 + and putting the 4000 puck on it. With my LMS 480 with a puck the reading was up to snuff.

Do I need to purchase the Lowrance N2K-EXP-RD-2 Network Starter Kit if I am adding the gps puck to my HDS-7? Or could I use the cable that is included with the puck?

You will need the starter kit also. Unfortunately you have to buy them seperate.

Where are you getting a price of $370+? We sell the LGC-4000 puck for $250. Lowrance Accessories At Pro Fishing Supply

You will need the network kit to use the GPS puck, but even with the kit you will be just a bit over $300.

I've toyed around with the idea of putting the LGC-4000 on my boat. From what I've heard and seen it does reduce the position error --- the 4000 puck updates something like 5 times faster than the other pucks or internal antennas --- after that its up to you to decide if 20 feet is worth it.

Position error does not tell the whole story. If you're going to worry about position error then you also need to watch the HDOP, it's on a scale of 1 to 10 and tells you if the current positioning and arrangement of the satellites is going to give you a more accurate or less accurate position. Lower number is better, high number is worse. If you have a 20-30 foot position error with a high HDOP then I wouldn't sweat it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• that is great!!!!   good for you guys!!!!
    • Your right rs_ld,  a full smoker is the way to go, leftovers can always be frozen and re heated..good eats.
    • 195 degrees on these butts. Like they say, if you are going to spend 9 hrs smoking 5# of meat, you just as well spend the same amount of time smoking 45#. The local grocery had these on sale so had a few friends take the offer to throw a roast on for them. Took two off early for slicing  Pulling the rest cost them each a beer though!
    • Very good stuff, kinda tasted like ribs with this recipe,  I'll keep at it til I find the right one!! Good luck moon lake!!
    • It will be interesting to see how the Warriors react in free agency.  Will they be able to keep the team together?  It seems like all these guys value winning above a paycheck so they might be willing to sign deals that will still allow the team flexibility to keep good role players around them.    
    • That's too bad.  The fish were ON FIRE up there.  I went out with my dad and uncle with our tiller walleye boat, and hardly a clue what we were doing, and we crushed them!  Ended up with 118 pounds of packaged salmon fillets.  I think I can honestly say it was the most fun fishing trip I've had in my life.  Here's my biggest of the trip, 25 pounds.    
    •   It's amazing to see a thoroughly talented team like Cleveland just get dissected like a back alley pick up team. I agree--GS will be THE team to beat for several more years if they keep their nucleus. I think we can make them sweat a little bit now, though, so that's pretty exciting for a change! 
    • dang I can see why anyone would slobber!!!!
    • Fletch's hands are totally tied by his own doing, keep in mind our 1st round pick this year was 15 games of Hanzal...definitley not worth it. Fletch needs to get off his duff and pull the trigger on a Scandella trade real soon for a decent Forward and not pass up an OK opportunity by "hoping" for the homerun and missing out on a good opportunity.  IMO our only hope is that other teams are "watered down" more than we are and that our vets can hang in there one more year.
    • Wondermous!!  Anytime, fivebucks! Years of workin' on that stuff does count for something!!!  I wish ya WOULDA bet me!!     Glad ya got 'er done!!!  
  • Our Sponsors