• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Farve interview this evening

harvey lee

I am looking forward to it grin The worst the better IMO.

Heck their might be more Vikes fans than GB fans confused

I just think of the GB fans when Good old Moss did the fake drop trow and what they did to the Vike’s team bus as it left the stadium. grin

Awww...This must really hurt them. Talk to your GM and coach about Brett Favre leaving your team. I kinda remember him wanting to play and they basically said no. Now fans are upset that he wants to play again? And it's not for the team that stabbed HIM in the back?

In an interview done with ESPN around the time Favre retired in early March, McCarthy predicted Favre "will have an itch to come back. I saw Joe Montana go through it, even though I was a younger coach in Kansas City at the time."

McCarthy said it was Favre who convinced the coach that retirement was the "right thing to do."

"I tried to talk him out of retirement," McCarthy said back in March. "Tom Clements [Green Bay's quarterbacks coach] and I were trying to sell him on the concept that he could still play at a high level with 80 to 85 percent of the commitment he had last year. Brett thought that maybe he could do it but he reasoned that when you cut back the commitment, you open yourself up to injury, to not being on top of your game -- which was very important to Brett -- and letting the team down in the process.

"Really, what Brett did was very honorable because the stress and pressure he feels is a direct result of the standard he sets for himself."

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

Brett retired...the Packers moved on and drafted two young QB's...He had an opportunity to come back to the organization and blew it. They did NOT stab him in the back!

what are the odds that he leads the team to a great season and too many vikes fans loudly remind the packers about how they let favre get away only to then have the vikes lose in the super bowl and the mvp is a player the vikes let get away (moss)?

Packer fan comment from Milwaukee Journal:

Let me state about as clear as I can....if Favre steps out on Lambeau field in a Vikings jersey... he will be dead to me. Plain and simple. At this point I don't think you put him in the Packers Hall of Fame and or retire his jersey. He made the comment last night that Lombardi went to the Redskins after he left the Packers. Big difference there its not the vikings....its not out bitter hated rival. Most fans today do not relate to Lombardi, they relate to Favre and by doing

this he spits in our face. He turns his back on all us fans who made him who he is and paid him handsomely through the years. We supported him unconditionally for years through Hurricane Katrina, through the Vicadin years...everything and he does this....unacceptable and inexcusable.

Bitter hated rivals??? It's football, get a life. The man does a job, the packers didn't want to pay him to do it there anymore, so he's coming here. It happens.

Originally Posted By: Born2Fish
Awww...This must really hurt them. Talk to your GM and coach about Brett Favre leaving your team. I kinda remember him wanting to play and they basically said no. Now fans are upset that he wants to play again? And it's not for the team that stabbed HIM in the back?

In an interview done with ESPN around the time Favre retired in early March, McCarthy predicted Favre "will have an itch to come back. I saw Joe Montana go through it, even though I was a younger coach in Kansas City at the time."

McCarthy said it was Favre who convinced the coach that retirement was the "right thing to do."

"I tried to talk him out of retirement," McCarthy said back in March. "Tom Clements [Green Bay's quarterbacks coach] and I were trying to sell him on the concept that he could still play at a high level with 80 to 85 percent of the commitment he had last year. Brett thought that maybe he could do it but he reasoned that when you cut back the commitment, you open yourself up to injury, to not being on top of your game -- which was very important to Brett -- and letting the team down in the process.

"Really, what Brett did was very honorable because the stress and pressure he feels is a direct result of the standard he sets for himself."

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

Brett retired...the Packers moved on and drafted two young QB's...He had an opportunity to come back to the organization and blew it. They did NOT stab him in the back!

Of course they didn't. As long as Chris Mortensen had that interview with McCarthy, it's gotta be true(just like all these other rumors that ESPN has spread about the whole Brett Favre saga).

Now Favre is holding the Vikings hostage...LOL. If he really wanted to play, why didn't he get the tendon surgery done sooner? He would have known by now if his arm was healthy enough to play another season. Chilly knows the Purple won't go far into the playoffs (if they make it), with the crappy QB's they have now. I could care less if Favre plays for the Vikings. He will be remembered as one of the all time greats....retiring and going into the Hall of Fame as a Packer! wink

Other notable NFL players besides Brett Favre have swapped teams before ending their careers. A look at Hall of Fame-caliber players who ended their career in a different uniform than where they had the most impact:

Player Team with most impact Final team

Earl Campbell Houston Oilers New Orleans Saints

Tony Dorsett Dallas Cowboys Denver Broncos

Franco Harris Pittsburgh Steelers Seattle Seahawks

Bob Hayes Dallas Cowboys San Francisco 49ers

Deacon Jones LA Rams Washington Redskins

Ronnie Lott San Francisco 49ers New York Jets

Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers Kansas City Chiefs

Joe Namath New York Jets LA Rams

Andre Reed Buffalo Bills Washington Redskins

Jerry Rice San Francisco 49ers Seattle Seahawks

OJ Simpson Buffalo Bills San Francisco 49ers

Bruce Smith Buffalo Bills Washington Redskins

Emmitt Smith Dallas Cowboys Arizona Cardinals

Thurman Thomas Buffalo Bills Miami Dolphins

Johnny Unitas Baltimore Colts San Diego Chargers

I'll give you he WILL retire a Packer. Don't take what I say as anything mean or too serious. My main goal is to just give a ribbing to some of our cheesy rivals. Whether or not he becomes a viking, I still hate the pack just as much. I am really looking forward to seeing Jaren Allen coming off the edge and putting Rodgers into the ground!!

Now Favre is holding the Vikings hostage...LOL. If he really wanted to play, why didn't he get the tendon surgery done sooner? He would have known by now if his arm was healthy enough to play another season. Chilly knows the Purple won't go far into the playoffs (if they make it), with the crappy QB's they have now. I could care less if Favre plays for the Vikings. He will be remembered as one of the all time greats....retiring and going into the Hall of Fame as a Packer! wink

So let me get this straight, it's ok to run your future hall of fame player out of town as long as he goes into the hall with your teams name?

Originally Posted By: Badger

So let me get this straight, it's ok to run your future hall of fame player out of town as long as he goes into the hall with your teams name?

He retired in March 07 from the Packers....they tried to talk him out of it, but Brett said he was finished. The draft came along and the Packers took two Qb's. Brett blew it and GB moved on.

Yes, he will and should retire as a Packer. Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Bruce Smith and countless other guys who played elswhere, retired with their original clubs. Is that straight enough for you SpitDuck?

We have a QB for the future....how about the purple? LOL grin