• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Farve interview this evening

harvey lee

It was on HBO.

Some points from the interview:

* Farve had surgery 2.5 weeks ago. Recovery time is 4-5 weeks. At that time he will know if he can make all the throws neeed.

* he said his arm was the major question mark in the way of him playing

* MN is a logical choice because he knows the playbook since it is pretty much the same as the one he had in GB. He could teach this offense.

* A Vikings trainer was in Mississippi Sunday to give him tips on healing the arm.

* He has only spoken to the Vikings.

* He said "we" alot- We have a great running back (AP), we will be able to run the ball.

* He said sh*t and got all sheepish but then remembered it was HBO and he was ok to say it.

* He mentioned Vince Lombardi when talking about how the packers fans will react if he plays for MN...Lombardi went to Washington and GB fans still love him and the NFL trophy is named after him.

I thought it was a good interview. Nothing was said that was a big surprise. It was nice to hear it from the "horse's mouth" instead of all the speculation from ESPN, etc.

Basically, if his arm heals properly he wants to play and will play for the Vikings. Which is what most people have speculated all along.

The true highlite of the show IMO was when Artie from Howard Stern was on there. He was hilarious!

He doesn't have a deadline to sign and it sounds like the shoulder could be healed by early July. Plenty of time to get a playbook down before training camp. If he does sign, I hope they dump TJunk and keep Booty. Just listening to Jackson talk, you can tell he doesn't have much upstairs.

Absolutely love this!! Cats out of the bag, surgery is done and all that is left if 2-3 weeks before we know how well the arm is working. If the surgery was a success and all signs are a go, how many defensive coordinators are going to start work a little earlier than expected.

Can't wait to see what Favre, Percy, Bernard and AP can do against this new 3-4 defense in Packerville. My guess is that they SHRED it!!

Can't wait to see what Favre, Percy, Bernard and AP can do against this new 3-4 defense in Packerville. My guess is that they SHRED it!!

The potential is absolutely Sic! But I'm afraid the 17 years of Favre leaving it all on the table every single play may have caught

finally up with him.

Too bad the Packers were extremely smart and made sure #4 didn't play here last season...I know woulda shoulda coulda!...

I have a good friend that graduated with a Viking, and the reports that we have recieved, is that he has saved over 30 rooms in GB for the game this year so his family and friends can come and watch him play in a viking uniform.

All he is doing now is taking the time off to rest his shoulder, and talking the time off so he dont have to go to camps. He will be a viking, and they will be a team to beat in the division and the playoffs.

I dont care what anyone says, if #4 comes to play, and his head is on straight, and you have a few guys around him like AP and others, hes one of the best, if not the best in the game!

It never ceases to amaze me how a group of fans can HATE a guy for 17 years, now suddenly fall on their knees and bow before him before he even takes a snap or throws a pass. I know I will enjoy seeing him play again as he has been the one player in my lifetime who plays the game like he is still 13 years old. I will also hope he does well each and every game. As a packer fan however, I will also be cheering for the opposing team to take it to the lavender ladies on defense.

I wouldn't start building that new trophy case to house that very first Lombardi trophy in just yet tho boys....

Even if we do sign Brett and his arm is somewhat decent it is his expierience, energy, drive, and QB smarts that will deliver this team. UNLIKE T-Jack.

Rumor has it that the #4 purple jerseys are out do you know where a guy can get one if they are out?

Look for Kliensauser to have quite a bit more catches and tds this year.

Packer fan comment from Milwaukee Journal:

Let me state about as clear as I can....if Favre steps out on Lambeau field in a Vikings jersey... he will be dead to me. Plain and simple. At this point I don't think you put him in the Packers Hall of Fame and or retire his jersey. He made the comment last night that Lombardi went to the Redskins after he left the Packers. Big difference there its not the vikings....its not out bitter hated rival. Most fans today do not relate to Lombardi, they relate to Favre and by doing

this he spits in our face. He turns his back on all us fans who made him who he is and paid him handsomely through the years. We supported him unconditionally for years through Hurricane Katrina, through the Vicadin years...everything and he does this....unacceptable and inexcusable.

Awww...This must really hurt them. Talk to your GM and coach about Brett Favre leaving your team. I kinda remember him wanting to play and they basically said no. Now fans are upset that he wants to play again? And it's not for the team that stabbed HIM in the back?

"Look for Kliensauser to have quite a bit more catches and tds this year."

I agree, Farve has proven he can think fast and get the ball off just as fast. Some of those plays aren't pretty/aren't in the play book but they work. Just a testament of smart QB that gives it all. This added dimension will work well. IMO we have receivers that don't get open, maybe it'll take a little less focus off them.

Mixed feelings about Farve coming to MN if it even happens.

He might be a quick fix but then what? IMO Tjack needs the time on the field or we'll never know what he could have done as a Viking. History has proven young MN QBs leave and develop into good QBs elsewhere.

What I do like about Farve is he can lead a team. He isn't snow white but IMO is a respectable individual. Add his experience and level of play and we'll have something MN hasn't had in a "leader" for a long time. I can name names that were supposed to be in that position but as individuals didn't even respect themselves much less keep their nose clean.

In time I think T-Jack would fill that roll as leader but he'll need time on the field. I do think he'll learn from Farve too so maybe this will be a good thing.

As you can tell I look at whats inside a player and always liked Brett. If I dislike a player its because they are a bum. Vikes have had their share of those.

I guess its fair that some GB fans will note that some Vikes didn't like Farve. I'm sure there is some jealousy there too.

I'm hoping that GB fans are green with envy as the season progresses.

ST you are right. Favray will have some work but like he said he knows a ton about our team from playing them for years. I figure just give the old boy a shot.

Is this a sign of desperation from a long time Vikes fan? Well maybe yes. I would love to see the Vikes have a great year make the play-offs, get in the Super Bowl with a fresh unknown team. To me a little more pride is had with that, but at this point I just want a reason to actually (and enjoy) watching the 09/10 NFL season. If we go all the way that will be great, but at least I have a reason to buy some tickets this year and maybe (if things work out) get my first trip to Lambaugh field wink If I never go or ever go this will be the year to do it as a Vikes fan. I do not think you will ever get a chance like this in our lifetime to walk in LF with a jersey on of Favray and have spit, beer and what not thrown at ya. grin That is cool IMO.

Still have not gotten my jerseys yet. They have not even shipped yet.

FarveJersey2.jpg

Farvejer1.jpg

Home colors for the Dome and away colors for Lambaugh grin

They are pre-order replicas and the last I heard from them is they are not going threw with the production run until he is signed frown If he does not sign they refund my money and will not make them. They are still licensed/made by Reebok so for the legally make them the player has to be officially on an NFL team?? When Favray signs it will be 2-3 weeks until they hit my door. It took them almost a week to get back to me so I think they are busy.

Heck signing or not I just want them grin

Quote:
If we go all the way that will be great, but at least I have a reason to buy some tickets this year and maybe (if things work out) get my first trip to Lambaugh field If I never go or ever go this will be the year to do it as a Vikes fan. I do not think you will ever get a chance like this in our lifetime to walk in LF with a jersey on of Favray and have spit, beer and what not thrown at ya. That is cool IMO.

I wouldn't worry about the folks in GB, their bark is worse then their bite!