Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobberboy

Perrualt lake

4 posts in this topic

Leaving on Saturday for Perrualt Lake

Hoping to get a little advise on Sm Mouths and Northerns.

"Your bobbers down!"

Where are you staying? We stayed at Manotak and had a blast. My advice: listen to the resort owner when he tells you how to fish. If that fails, which it didn't for us, then try your way. We got a guide the first day there, then we were set for the rest of the week.

Bobberboy: We were at Manotak 2 years ago on Perrault, Grassy bay is a good place for northerns, its not that deep and seems to hold alot. I cant remember the name of the bay, but you get to whale rock and go south, there is some beautiful spots there, my brother in law caught a 48" muskie there while northern fishing, its very cool back there. Jackfish bay was really good for the smallies, I think they should rename that bay. If you do stay at manotak, ask about Fluke lake, its a portage lake thats exclusively for muskies, that was the most muskies I have ever caught (or seen) in my life. Its a 30 mile drive but WELL worth the trip. I'm leaving for Lac des Mille lac on Friday, ( We like to try different lakes) But Perralut still ranks number one for me. Hope this helps and good luck- Let me know when you get back how it went, I love that lake and would like to hear if you can beat that 48 incher. GOOD LUCK!!

I was up on Perrault for Canada's opener -- my buddy owns a cabin right on the lake (in the French Connection as it's called)...temps were cold -- Manotak was spending it's days thawing frozen pipes in the cabins as temps dipped well below freezing every night -- not to menetion I had to shovel snow out of the boat opening morning...

Anyway --- as mentioned, Grassy island is great for smallies...Jackfish bay for evening fishing...Ord Creek and Church Lake are great options as well.

Have a great trip -- post a report when you get back!