• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hello everyone. New to the forums (but long time lurker). I recently bought a travel trailer on a seasonal site at Trego Lake. I been out on the lake a few times now and had pretty good luck this last weekend (a few large largemouths and some of the biggest yellow perch I have ever seen). I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this lake? Walleyes? Smallies? Pike? Crappies?

Thanks!

Thanks for the information. Anyone have any ideas or actually fished this lake? I have been knocking back quite a few bass and pike, but don't really know even where to begin for walleyes because the lake is kind of unique.

Pontooner, Ive had my place on Trego lake for 25 years now. Walleyes are pretty few and far between. But you're right, it's pretty unique (as in no thermocline). Bass (large and small) Northern, panfish, etc.are good. More smallies the last few years which is fine by me. I'm in a log cabin on the shallow wide south end. Stop by if you see me and we'll go for a tour of the lake. I'd be glad to show you a few spots. I fish out of light blue 17 Ft. w/ a Merc 70. If you see me, flag me down. I'm up most weekends. Where are you on the lake?

Fazer,

THanks for the invite. Wish I would have checked this back sooner. You are down where the river enters into the "lake"? I have caught quite a few large smallies by the first bouy when you enter that part of the lake. Also was just raking some fairly large perch this weekend in that spot. Pike seemed to disappear though. I also usually do real well in the "bay" where the old farm silo is buried in the water.

When you have targeted walleyes do you usually work the deeper channel by the cement dock where it gets real deep towards the dam?

Pontooner, Was wondering where you got off to.........Pike have been real slow last few weeks. What's this about a sunken silo?????????? Never heard that- guess you learn somethin every day. Walleye I've caught have either been in weeds 3 to 5ft deep or on humps and weedy dropoffs down in the deep end. The buoy you talked about is a great spot in the spring for crappies and a few eyes. Never caught much down by the dam- but there's a couple weedy flats down there that always seem to produce. I could go on & on....Look me up when you can. we should talk. I'll probably be there this weekend and will be there next weekend for sure.

Pontooner, I'm on the north side of the big bay about the widest point. There's a guy two doors west with a trailer on a small hill, and my brother in laws pontoon is up on shore next door to me. My place is a log cabin with an open porch on the front. I may be fishing a small lake not too far away for crappies Saturday.