Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkunkedAgain

Starting Battery Backup

5 posts in this topic

I'm about to purchase my first electric start motor. If by chance, something went wrong in the charging system or my battery died, how does one get an electric motor started? Would you just grab your trolling motor deep cycle and temporarily hook that up to the motor?

Yup, that'll work in a pinch. Some folks also keep a set of jumper cables in the boat so they don't have to move a trolling motor battery to get the motor started.

jumper cables are a must in a boat because in a boat with no power where you go is in mother natures hands.

If it's a smaller hp motor you'll often get a pull rope with the motor too.

marine_man

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Eaves would have been nice, better to the ducks than someone else. They beat us last go around but we were way better and Gibson won the game by himself.

Edit: Sounds like the 2nd moves to a 1st in the ducks clear the 2nd round of the playoffs. Not sure I would have paid that price.
    • Wow...Ducks get Eaves from Dallas for a conditional 2nd round pick...pretty cheap rental IMO..where were the Wild on this deal...oh ya we don't have a 2nd round pick 
    • Update:     Put some fresh gas in, sprayed the carb valve with some cleaner and cleaned the filter.  Also adjusted the idle speed up a bit. Runs great again!   Thanks for the advice and help everyone! 
    •   Nope...I think that is an original Bear55 Quote but Yogi Berra would be jealous if he were still alive.   Agree on the Blackhawks...when the season ends they will probably be the favorite to win the cup IMO so it will take an upset by any team to knock them off...would love for the Wild to be the ones to do so....it is getting very interesting as the trade deadline and playoffs time approach!
    • Out here (Virginia) our lakes are dirty and warm, and from what I understand, saugeyes thrive in those conditions. Our walleyes are all stocked since very few of our lakes have suitable spawning habitat and there is little to no natural reproduction.   Really looking forward to catching a saugeye just so I can cross it off my list!

• Funny, that is the same face I get when I think of people voting for a reality tv star in as president. Worse yet he is some kind of billionaire, like the general public should ever trust one of those guys in public office.
    • More like Yogi the Bear but if I stole his quote my apologies.  Have to get that Chicago gorilla off our back, don't care if they win 4 of the next 5 cups, we just need one and I will be a happy camper.

I'm not liking that they found some decent youth to play with Towes, we need to pounce before they fill in their gaps with depth and scoring again.
    • I am up to 27 in ND so far.  Waiting for more snow to melt.  Cold weather and deep snow makes the deer really group up out here and makes for easy shed hunting, but is really tough on the deer.  The 4th pic is one from some round bales that the deer were destroying earlier this year.   The biggest I find year to year is generally around that mid 60" range.  And I found that one (first pic) in early Janruary.  So hopes of finding a bigger one this year is low haha.
    • The only Merc I saw in Belize was on a parted out boat 75ft from water. Otherwise it was 70% Yammy's, 15% Honda's, 10% Suzzy's and a 5% hodgepodge of Evinrudes, Tohatsu, ect....... 
  • Our Sponsors