• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie gear for Flatheads?

DTro

Me and night pictures lifting fish don't agree with each other. I have bad shoulders, so it hurts to lift them in the first place, and I have sensitive eyes, so 97.1% of my pictures at night, I have my eyes closed, and have a painful look on my face grin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok bringin this thread into view again, so I finally got some bullies thx to cutter and I got to try them out for the first time tonight, and I went with one with a green and yellow bobber 5" behind the bullie and one without, 15 minutes later on a sand flat and presto a 9.3lb flat nailed the bobber rig and nothing came of the rig w/o the bobber, Im convinced! to top it off the new reel you guys pointed out to me to buy I got today in the mail with a gander ugly stick that cutter pointed out to me this last weekend and today that outfit got me a fish, so on that note thanks to everyone for the help!!

yea we spent a couple hours Thursday night catching them for ya Laska (plus tickets for being in a park after ten, haha what a joke) glad ya caught something with them. Those bobbers work pretty good in my opinion. Friday night i had a bobber on and cutter didn't. he caught three fish 39" to 43" and all i caught was 4 fish 8 to 15 pounders. Not saying they don't work but i think they may be a confidence booster also. But then again where we had our line there was at least 7' difference in depth. He had his line out of the back of the boat and i had mine out the front.

yea i don't know what it was. We had some without and some with. All in all it was a good night thou. wish the weather would have been nice to us!! But there were fish surfacing and splashing all around us..!! I wish we would not have had to leave. we had a fish hitting every couple of minutes!!

Nice. glad the bullies worked for you. You will have to make a trip up here to chase some cats with us.

Yeah, mos def will, hopefully Ill have some time in August, july is lookin pretty full hopefully Ill have a boat motor by then n Ill bring my boat up.

let me get it straight for myself, the idea of the bobber is to connect it to your leader line and the live bully wiggles and rattles the bobber, thus attracting the cat by its sence of viberations.???

Either way i made two dozen of them!!!

I love how this gets the Newbs every year. whistle

Well "every year" might be an overstatement, since this post was started only last year laugh

You got it right blake. Can't say for sure that it helps or not, but I can tell you that it doesn't hurt wink

Its all about confidence. wink anit that right LFC BTW I didnt use that stuff yesterday

That is right Sir!!!

Now.... for the record I'm not saying they don't work. I've heard many testimonials that they have caught fish for certain people.

What I will say is that 5 minutes after I took mine off I caught my 50lber, and never put them back on for the rest of the year. wink

It is all about confidence!

Anyone else have problems with a tangled mess using these bobbers? I used two of them last night, and used it once last year. I quickly remembered my experience last year as it tangled with the weight and swivel then too. Anyone else have issues witht he bobber creating a mess? I hooked the bobber in both hooks, and ran it between my bait and swivel, approx 4-6" from each.

Yep

If I find I'm in an area that I'm getting tangled, I just take the thing off.

Then skake it above the water for the whole time your line is in the water wink It might not help catch a catfish but it will annoy the he!! outta the other guy in the boat. grin

Yep

If I find I'm in an area that I'm getting tangled, I just take the thing off.

It's not that i'm getting snagged, just endind up with a bobber wrapped around the weight or swivel. Caused by higher current? Bait spinning?

Question:

Do you guys hook up your cut bait so it is not spinning? I sometimes wonder if that will deter fish...like it would ice fishing!

That may be the intended use of the swivel, but the reason I use them is a sinker stop, and to use it as a good place to tie on my leader. Otherwise I havent really had any issues with my line twisting up to bad, or bait spinning fishing for cats. Unless I am in a lot of current, but my line will still twist with a swivel on then.