• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie gear for Flatheads?

DTro

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look out kitty cats Dtro's back

Yeah, you’ll see who’s back when I share some of the hilarious pictures I snapped trying to get a decent one by myself. You’d think I’d never taken a picture before.

I’ve been so not confident lately that I hadn’t bothered to set up my tripod in my boat. Well, it’s basically too late after setting the hook and I can’t waste the time after it’s boated, so in a pinch a milk crate on the front boat seat will work.

Some shots turn out pretty funny, especially when you think the self timer is on, and then it’s not. Talk about deer in headlights. grin

In case the rest of you haven't noticed, dtro is sitting at 192.5 points and is pretending to be a Sleeper Cell ready to pounce. He is one or two nice fish away from the Green and has been building up some steam the last few nights. If you want to hold on to your Flathead Leaderboard spot you best start fishing because I'm warning you, Darren is coming on.

I agree Steve. All it takes is one night and the leader board can change big time and Dtro should never be ruled out. I have no doubt green could be had by him after tonight (if he is going out).

To be honest with you -

I'll be happy to finish in the 200pt club, that has been my goal all along. It's not an easy feat and takes 3 very nice fish to get there.

I was just at Cabelas, they had a pack of 3 for$1.99. I bought a pack, then noticed that the Mr. Crappie logo was the same one I use as my Avatar, after a double take and a chuckle, I loaded my cart full of them, must be a sign from the catfishing gods smile

Thanks Dtro, now if I can only catch a cat to use as my avatar, I'm sure it will be because of the green..

I lost my one and only last night to the snag gods. I'm going to go stock up tonight hopefully.

It's a confidence thing now I guess and I might be a little superstitous.

You better get a bunch - they work pretty good. I put one on my leader early this morning and picked up a nice 26# (38" X 23.5") flathead. My line went in the water at 0444 and I had "Fish On" at 0451. That was my only fish and he was on that bullie fast.