• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to carry spinners?

mhines

I'm fairly new to trout fishing, I have been doing it now for about 4 years. I am wondering what you folks are using to carry different colors/sizes/styles of lures with, while walking the streams. I finally broke down, and bought my first pair of waders, and found it rather difficult to carry different tackle and change lures while in the water...................so what whats the best way to carry extra tackle?

I also use a small backpack that I use for bug repellent, water, flashlight, extra tackle, camera, xtra line, etc. My selected spinners go in my front pouch in the waders in a small tackle box.

I have a vest, a fanny pack, and two chest packs. The vest is the most comfortable if I dont overload it. Too much stuff and it pulls to the back. My one chest pack has two big areas on the front and a big compartment on the back plus two drink holders. If im going to be on the streams long enough to need multiple drinks, a sandwich, and rain gear then I like the chest pack. The vest and chest pack are cabelas but tons of options out there. This spring I scarfed up a nice fanny pack on a sweet on-line bid where I saved about 80%! I have only used it a few times but like it. It has two water bottle holders and decent storage. I tend to bring the kitchen sink and run out of room. cool

Get a fly fishing vest, and one of the little 3 dollar tackle boxes from any sports store. They have small compartments that are perfect for small spinners. The pockets are great for all the things needed while trout fishing, small tackle box, camera, forceps(pliers), etc. The little loops/plastic rings on the outsides of most vests are great to for attaching a small measuring tape, net, and pliers attached to a bungee.