• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance HDS 7 trail question

Double Barrel

Question

Just bought a Lowrance HSD 7 unit and I really think it is going to be awesome. The only thing I can't figure out is in my old LMS 480 the trail you were making was on the screen all of the time and then you could delete them. On the HDS there is no trail on the screen? Is there a setting for this or do I have to create a trail in order for it to show up on the screen?? The unit had just been updated June 8th.

5 answers to this question

The trails showed up on my HDS by themselves but I've heard of other guys that had to go into the trail menu and create a new trail to get it to show on the screen. Also, make sure it's showing your current position (use the exit key to make sure it's at your current position) and make sure in the in the 2D map view, not the 3D map view.

You can check your existing trail or create a new trail:

*Pages

*Utilities

*From Waypoints, Routes, and Trails <Select Trails>

*Press Menu key

*Enable Display on current trail

Or, create a new trail by selecting *NEW* from the Trails screen

*Select SAVE

2D/3D (the latest software update may have changed this)

*From the Chart Page press MENU

*Chart Options

*Imagery

*Select 2D or Shaded Relief

Hope this helps!

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Ran into the same problem.

You have to create a new trail. If you've done that and # of points for the trail is increaseing but still not showing up on the chart you have to enable Trails for display on the chart.

While on the chart page go to Menu\Settings\Chart. Cursor over and down to Trails. When the cursor highlights the Trails item hit enter. This will toggle its indicator on and display the trails on the chart.

I have the same problem with the HDS, am used to a system that creates a trail each time you power up, but mine does not. Is there an on and off for creating a new trail on start up??? I have done the latest update.

Stoneman