Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Duck Boat and Mud Motor

2 posts in this topic

I have an Alumacraft 1436 Light Jon Boat. It is rated for a 15 hp motor. It has a 620 pound person, motor, and gear capacity. There is also a blind on boat which weights approximately 40-50 pounds. I am looking at getting a mud motor which weights 140 pounds. I was wondering this motor is going to be too heavy for the boat? Does anybody have a similar rig? Any help would be appreciated.

check out in go-devils or beavertails HSOforum they will have all the information you will need provided.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Ended up with one bird on public ground western meeker County Friday afternoon. Saturday the pooch put up 6 birds for us in the morning in swift co with hardly a breeze and all I could do was tickle 1 bird, not very proud of that.  This morning the wind was howling which made the birds jumpy but managed a couple.  We pounded a lot of gravel and didn't see much at all, but then again lots of corn still in.
    • I had military mickeys for years... and years but about 2 years ago I bought Baffin's. AWESOME boots. Sooooooo comfy, warm and decently light. I own Muck's and they are great for more "active" fishing as my feet get cold in them if I just sit one the ice all day. That said, you CAN walk all day in mucks. The comment about Baffin's being large and unable to get pants over...very true! But a great boot none the less.
    • maybe Eve got it!?!?
    • No......but he "brexit" was polling within the 4 percent margin of error before the vote . Cant imagine any one of those 272 in the 8 percent  and above range flipping.  Suppose anything is possible, couldn't ever imagine Trump being considered a serious candidate either. 
    • These the same reputable folks that said Brexit was going to lose by a significant margin?
    • So, you are voting Trump?  Or are you going for Gary Johnson?
    • According to the most reputable poll trackers, with a couple weeks to go looks like Hilldawg already has 272 solid votes....... with Trump only at 127. The swing states currently within a 4 ish percent margin of error are Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Iowa, Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, and Texas. Weird saying Texas and Georgia are swing states and got believe will go to Trump. For fun am also going to give him Arizona, Iowa, and Ohio.......leaving him 216......and 322 for our next first lady.  
    • Nothing super pretty but its keeping the dog happy. 
    • BUSY, BUSY, BUSY, the last several days. I have not had the time to even sit down at my desk and jot anything down. The grand kids have been over so I have put them to work. They, under the proper direction work way quicker then I do. Big garden has been harvested and pretty much cleaned up. The growing potatoes in five gallon buckets did not turn out as planned. I did get a mess of small potatoes which will be good in stews but no big tatters were grown. I have not given up as next year I will try again but add more holes to the buckets and use fresh new cuttings instead of the third generation seed potatoes like I did this year. Another bed was built and filled with dirt. If we get one last warm day the wife will transplant strawberries into it.   Apples were picked and pies made but the tree is still loaded so a few more picking days are needed More pies for the freezer will be made and I will make a couple of batches of applesauce. Should have mowed the grass but ran out of time, daughter wants leaves to bury her new flower bed and it is easier to rake when the grass is short. Normally it would not be a problem as I would just mow with the tractor and mulch it all. Shop still has to be cleaned out and mowers and tractor tucked inside. Have to make room for the snow thrower when I buy it. Or we will make a spot in the garage. We have been fighting a fruit fly invasion in the cabin. When I brought in the citrus bushes I forgot to give them their usual soap wash and I guess we brought in a bunch of fruit flies. I made traps and we seem to be winning the war as there are less fly's buzzing us.   The other night the oldest daughter and her girls took me shopping down at the General Store. I bought some tee shirts on sale and a new hard gun case. The gun case is for my son in law as I am going to gift him my double barrel shotgun. This will join the 30/30 that I gave him this summer. I know both guns will be taken care and get some use down the road. On our way home we spotted Stan and Jeanies ice cream truck and we honked till they pulled over. During this time of the year they also sell caramel apples and as soon as I said I would buy everyone wanted one. The best part of Stan’s caramel apples is they use ripe apples so you don't have to cut them up with knife to eat them like the kind they sell in a store. Nice thing is you are buying your apples from an ice cream truck so you can get any kind of sprinkes on your caramel apple. I just got a big apple double dipped in caramel and it was delious.   Chuck my next door neighbor has been busy this last week to. He tore of the roof on his porch and is redoing it all. A few more nice days and it will be shingled and then he will be good to go to do some bird hunting and before you know it deer season will be here. O as for bird hunting even though I am giving away my shotgun I still have my trusty single shot, which is a lot lighter to tote around the woods and it is full choke just in case a stupid grouse wanders into my backyard. Still have some tomatoes in the back under plastic and as long as a frost does not happen I will be harvesting tomatoes still. Lots of carrots in the beds and still more work for the kids to do. Today they are all at Old McDonnell's corn maze and I am staying home and am going to watch some football and maybe a hockey game this evening. We had satellite installed this week just so I can watch hockey this winter. Kind of a reward if I promise to get myself out of this wheelchair. I know a kind of funny reward but this is Lake Iwanttobethere
  • Our Sponsors