• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good digital camera?

Drewski

I have a kodak right now and have been having problems with it. I'm thinking about getting a new one. What is a reasonably priced, good and simple digital camera that is easy to upload pictures with and dependable?

Thanks in advance!

With my Nikon L20 all I have to do to get a pic ready to post here is Push the button to view the pic I want to post, Press menu, scroll down to small pic. Press the arrow right, pick the size I want (640X480), press OK. select yes and I'm done. Then it is just a matter of putting the card in the SD reader slot.

I haven't used a Cannon but I don't see how posting can get easier (well pics with my phone are easier).

SSCN0019.jpg

Blue Earth river just below the Dam.

I own 2 P&S cameras, a Canon PowerShot and a new Panasonic TS-1.

The Canon takes nice pictures and is easy to use, I like it.

The Panasonic is somewhat spendy for a P&S, but it's rugged and waterproof. It also takes amazing HD video (Blu-Ray quality), the first P&S camera on the market to use the AVCHD format. I think it would be hard to find a better P&S to take snaps out in the boat or blind than this one...

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

I just purchased a Nikon coolpix S560 last week. I did a fair amount of research, reading reviews, etc. It has 10 megapixals, 5X zoom, and a rechargeable lithium battery. However the best part may be the ease of use. They are on sale now for $169.99. So far I'm happy with the decision.

I have an Olympus stylus 850 SW and a 750 and love them. Tons of features and easy to use. On-line I have seen the 850's for around 150$.

The underwater is neat, a little scary the first time though...

008zwj.jpg

021ucc.jpg

138qoi.jpg

128nox.jpg

051nhi.jpg

Plus it will take nice video. Notice the eagle on the downed tree, he takes flight a few seconds in...

i also have the Olympus. i got the floating wrist strap with it so if i do drop it in the drink it will float. having a waterproof and shock proof camera is good but it does ya no good if its on the bottom of the lake.

iceman

I use a fuji finepix something or other, nice and compact but takes great pics, very functional as a point-and-shoot camera.

Though now that I think about it, I kind of wish I had something that could shoot underwater.

iceman16 - those pictures were taken while releasing fish - one hand on the tail and one hand to try and line-up and take the picture. Takes some practice...

Heres a nice lake run brown, notice my boot in the backround...

003xdi.jpg

This walleye was free and easy, camo'd in very well...

247luf.jpg

This smallie came to check things out while we were swimming...

268j.jpg