• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mn Metro Tourny Results???

jda53

Fished Eagle today for the tourny--nothing to show. We did lose one, but never saw it. Never saw a fish caught and never talked to anyone who did. Ramp was a zoo. We fished to the last minute and instead of going to the "weigh-in" we skipped out. Any news of the results- Next year will be our year, just like the year before,and so on.......

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty impressive results, off the top of my head:

1st -- 53 from waconia

2nd -- 52 from BE

3rd -- 2 from FL, 40 and 42 i think

4th -- 48 from Owasso

5th - 10th, all over 40 with a bunch at 47 or 47.5.

39 fish turned in and 16 over 40 if i remember right.

Fished hard, had a couple follows, had one ready to eat and I was looking at my GPS, F$*K!

I bet I know where that 52 was caught in BE. I raised one about that size Thursday. She just wouldn't eat for me.

Spill it, i'd be floored if it was the same spot. I'll help without you giving your spot away, how far did you have to motor from the launch to get to it?

Also fished Owasso in the early morning....Heard some hootin' and hollerin' from one boat around 6:45. Stuck it out there till 9:30 or so with one nice follow from a mid to high 40'" ish fish off the mid lake flat. Went to johanna after that and ended up with a 34.5 Tiger. One 48" out of Owasso was registered....Congrats to the angler that pulled that fish out of a bombed out weed killed lake. That lake association on Owasso sucks balls!

Also fished Owasso in the early morning....Heard some hootin' and hollerin' from one boat around 6:45. Stuck it out there till 9:30 or so with one nice follow from a mid to high 40'" ish fish off the mid lake flat. Went to johanna after that and ended up with a 34.5 Tiger. One 48" out of Owasso was registered....Congrats to the angler that pulled that fish out of a bombed out weed killed lake. That lake association on Owasso sucks balls!

I was on owasso to start too, i witnessed the 48 and took the pic, it was a TANK. The handling of said fish was extremely questionable, I won't be surprised if it's found floating.

Agreed 100% on the lake association. The cabbage looked so good 10 days ago and now it's all crumpling and it has worse visibility than BE. Sure hope all the decaying matter sinks soon, it's just nasty right now.

I was on Owasso as well and saw the fellas who caught the 48". They were making all kinds of noise and eventually came driving towards other boats. They flagged down another boat asking them to verify their fish. I heard the guy who verified for them say something along the lines of "I hope it's not in the bottom of your boat." I would guess that after verification the fish was out of the water for close to 5 minutes. Not sure how well it swam away. I have no idea why the fishing partner didn't verify for the guy who caught it but I'm thinking that there is one less 48" fish living in Owasso right now cry Pretty irritating.

I ended up with one in the boat just over 40" that I caught just before noon. The weeds are pretty bad out there and they seem to get worse every year. It won't be long and you won't be able to drive over the center flats.

The tournament was a lot of fun again and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Yep! From a distance I figured something was up as the boat that caught the fish and the witness were there for a long, long time. As far as the lake association thing goes I'm dumbfounded that the DNR does not intervene. The lake gets bombed just after spawn, dead fish are all over, and there's absolutely no habitat for fry. Years ago opener on that lake was awesome, it wasn't uncommon to have a three or four fish day before the weed kill. On a side note: I don't know what the hell they nuke it with but it kills everything for the whole season besides some small cabbage beds in 3 feet of water. Other lakes that get treated for weeds usually still have plenty of natural remaining weeds. It's a shame such a great lake is treated as it is.

Spill it, i'd be floored if it was the same spot. I'll help without you giving your spot away, how far did you have to motor from the launch to get to it?

I won't say, but I somewhat hope it was the fish as it was the largest ski I've ever seen. I was curious as to how big she was. Congrats to those who had a succesful day. I can't wait to get on the board. Hopefully this week. Wife's out of town so I have all week to work on that. When I finally do get on the board it will be my first Minnesota musky. Can't wait.

Well hunterjoe, if you had to motor more than 3.3 seconds from the launch dock, i'd be surprised if it was the same! wink Not that they don't migrate around, but they guy stopped to fish on his way in and was pulling his lure out of the water to go home when the fish hit it, lucky guy!

squeedunk, congrats on getting the other owasso fish, it was tough out there.

I really just shouldn't comment further on witnessing the 48, it was brutal handling and a completely thoughtless process on the angler's part. I'm not happy with my decision to witness it, in hindsight i feel he should be disqualified for transporting the fish 200+ yards etc.

If anyone is out in the next few days and you find a 48 floating with lots of line and net scars/marks with a BIG girth, I think the tournament organizers should be notified.

If anyone wants to go with me, I'll take you to the spot and you can catch her. I'm not all about catching the fish, I just like someone putting the fish in the boat or even just seeing them. It's really just nice to get out on the water.

Well hunterjoe, if you had to motor more than 3.3 seconds from the launch dock, i'd be surprised if it was the same! wink Not that they don't migrate around, but they guy stopped to fish on his way in and was pulling his lure out of the water to go home when the fish hit it, lucky guy!

My boat's kind of slow, so yes, it took me more than 3.3 seconds. We'll just say, I did a lot of fishing in the south end since my boat doesn't move very well. Plus, it looked good there. I won't give away any specifics on the lake since it was my first time ever out there. I'm not too shy to tell you all here where I went and what I saw. I'm new to the state so you all know more about the lakes than me. I'm still learning so hopefully if I share, some of you will share with me as well.

My boat's kind of slow, so yes, it took me more than 3.3 seconds. We'll just say, I did a lot of fishing in the south end since my boat doesn't move very well. Plus, it looked good there. I won't give away any specifics on the lake since it was my first time ever out there. I'm not too shy to tell you all here where I went and what I saw. I'm new to the state so you all know more about the lakes than me. I'm still learning so hopefully if I share, some of you will share with me as well.

Don't worry about telling anyone anything, I wouldn't give out squat on the internet, i've seen the effects first hand of spilling stuff like that. It was more of a conversation topic than anything, go back and get her yourself!! smilecool

Don't worry about telling anyone anything, I wouldn't give out squat on the internet, i've seen the effects first hand of spilling stuff like that. It was more of a conversation topic than anything, go back and get her yourself!! smilecool

Thanks, I'm gonna try. I don't like going on the weekends since I hate dealing with the zoos, plus I can fish all week. I plan on heading out Monday morning. I'll post a pick if I get anything. Don't expect much as I'm still a little new to this game, but I have the tools so hopefully I can learn a few things here and there and put it together.

What a fun tourny. Fished it for my first time this year, got a 47" trolling and managed to get 8th place. Free week stay at Loe's resort on leech, Plus a nice rod and reel combo. Anyone know anything about Loes's resort? All I know is that its in walker.

47Inches.jpg

Quote:
I really just shouldn't comment further on witnessing the 48, it was brutal handling and a completely thoughtless process on the angler's part. I'm not happy with my decision to witness it, in hindsight i feel he should be disqualified for transporting the fish 200+ yards etc.

If we/you had opted not to sign they just would have told us to F off and drove around even longer looking for a person to sign...........between a rock and a hard place no matter what.

If you go fishing for muskies you have to be prepared to catch a muskie. Simple as that.

To quote Forest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that".

I hate these storys drives me nuts last year i had one die on me was releasing at night fish sliped away from me at night could not find it. She had not stiffend up yet i knew i probly killed the fish sure enough it was floating the next am.. god i felt like [PoorWordUsage]!!!! girlfreind yelled at me told me i killed the fish sucked!!!! sucks when you hear guys handling these fish the way they do!!! you would think if they are fishing tourny they would have been schooled a little better

Ugh, I just got emailed pics of the winning fish. First pic, fish is in the net in the BOTTOM OF THE BOAT GETTING UNHOOKED.

Seriously, [PoorWordUsage] is wrong with people.

Giant net = leave it in the [PoorWordUsage] lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JRedig, the guy is not a newbie either to muskies and big fish. He was by himself it sounds like and another guy had to jump in the boat to assist. I am sure it was a Chinese fire drill. I couldn't imagine netting that fish alone and then having in all spun up in the net. On top of that having your heart pumping about 200 beats per minute. I'm sure he wasn't thinking clearly. It's no excuse, but I don't want to savage the guy either.

The Winner,,"Gus" is a great guy and about has low profile has you can get,,a little background info on the catch- The fish was actually 'hooked' to the outside of the net out of the rim when it came in so they had to flip it in and wrap it to land it which would have made it very hard to untangle the hooks imbedded in the mesh over the side. Also 'Gus' was the last boat out of the landing on sat mourning choosing to wait while a handicapped person launched his boat and occupied the last dock space.Gus fished longer but quit early on the tourney that day he left with a lot of time yet even when going for a double would have surely cinched it not knowing what else had been caught but Gus was happy with his big personal best,

Couldnt have happened to a better guy