• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally starting my '09 fish house project!

SapperACE

We didn't get any either.

Did you get close to what you were asking for the house. You don't need to post the numbers.

What are you going to do with the next house? Anything you did with the last house that you would change with the new one?

Sorry for jacking the thread for these questions.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sapper, I am the typical addict, I blame my addiction on the people around me that keep building new ones. laugh I gotta take a look at yours soon for ideas.

Big buck, Yes I did get what I wanted for the house which was not enough and the buyer got a good deal but was enough to close the deal. I am actually going to go smaller this time with some other changes. thinking 12x7 or 14x7 I will probably do a post like sapper did here when I get started. And this will be my last house wink

Sorry for my latest slow down in picture posting. I have not been working much on the house lately. I plan on putting a few hours in friday, saturday, and sunday nights, and a few hours monday, tuesday, and wednesday. I really hope to wrap this thing up by the end of this coming week! We'll see what else comes up. Either way, I promise to post a bunch more pics in the next few days. Thanks for looking.

It's finally starting to look like something! After an 8 hour day today, I feel like I actually got something done! It's been hard to get motivated when I only have an hour here and and hour there to work. I have all after noon to work tomorrow also, so I should get the bulk of the trim done.

As you can see in the photos, I have the bottom bunk base done, and the side cupboard ready for doors. All the T&G is pretty much up except for the oven/stove cupboard (which I hope to finish tomorrow also). I am relieved to say that the V is 95% DONE! I was wondering if all the extra work was worth it, but looking at now, it I decided that it definately was. Enjoy the pictures, and I'll post some more tomorrow night.

DSC00120.jpgDSC00121.jpgDSC00122.jpgDSC00123.jpgDSC00125.jpgDSC00124.jpg

Thanks everyone! It is really starting to come together. I finished casing out the windows so all thats left is trim, carpet, and doors I got carpet yesterday so I should have that done in the night or to so I'll be able to finish the trim work and pop the holes in the floor. I'll post more pics by this weekend. Hopefully it will be DONE!!!!

Seeing a lot of house w/ the tongue and groove interior...looks great. Nice work!

Guessing I could look it up but I am curious as to why most go w/ this and not paneling? Is it lighter? Cheaper? Looks great...I am just working with a tight budget.

I am finishing my house the same way with T&G on the walls, but with paneling on the ceiling. Cost for T&G was a little over $325, and the paneling for the ceiling was $60. The T&G is way more expensive, but it just makes for a more custom cabin look and feel.

I just wish that I was as far as SapperAce is. I would post pics but I do't want to steal his thread. Great job on the fishhouse!

I got mine buy one get one free also. I bought 30 packages and it cost me around $140 to do everything that you see. It's only like the 5/16 inch stuff, but I glued it and nailed it, and it seems like it will hold up really well.

As far as paneling goes... I do like the looks of the T&G alot better, plus it's solid wood. Some paneling is made out of some weird stuff and does strange things when you're constantly changing temps. At least that had been my experience.

Well, today I got the holes cut, carpet down, catch covers in, and the top bunk frame up. All I can really think of at the moment that I have to do is finish trim, put the plywood on the bunks, build cupboard doors, and make some rattle reels. I have to work the next 3 days, so not alot will likely get done until tues. except Maybe work on doors during the next couple evenings.

I will not post pictures again till this baby is DONE, which will hopefully be no later than wed night. I'm keeping an eye on the weather and its looking like the maiden voyage will be very soon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for looking!

DSC00130.jpgDSC00129.jpgDSC00132.jpgDSC00131.jpgDSC00133.jpg

Thanks Rick! It has been a blast building this house. This is like the 5th one that I've done, and I enjoy the heck out of doing them.

I built this house (had the frame and shell built) to be super mobile. I plan to fish anywhere and everywhere with it. I hope to make a couple trips up north this year with it, but I usually spend most of my time in SW MN and NW Iowa.

Well.... after months of work it's 99.9% done!! I never thought i'd see this day, but she's ready for the ice.

I finished up today by building cupboard doors and installing them. I also finished up the trim today and hung the rattle reels. The reels I made yesterday morning. They turned out really well I thought.

Now I'm looking foward to a couple of trips this winter. The plan is to hit the Ottertail area in January and Red Lake in February. Hopefully the boss lets me go. I hoping my maiden voyage will be next weekend (Dec. 18-19) locally. I can't wait!

I want to say thanks to everyone for all of their input on my project here. It was nice to get some questions answered, and hopefully I answered a few too. If you see me out on the lake this winter, feel free to stop by and say hello.

DSC00134.jpgDSC00135.jpgDSC00136.jpgDSC00137.jpgDSC00138.jpg