Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnMickish

Planning a trip in August.

4 posts in this topic

OK guys, I will be out in the Rome area the first week of August to see my granddaughter. While I am there I plan to do a little fishing but have very little knowledge of the lakes/rivers there. What would be a good choice for lakes/species that time of year?

mnfishinguy,are you bringing a boat?What do you like to fish for other than whats in your avatar?

There still getting a few walleyes to go here and there below the dam on Delta Lake. You have to get there early by 5 a.m. but you can get em by floating challeneger minnows and in black and silver and small floating rapalas. the deeper holes 1/6 oz. lead heads and 2" and 3" white twisters. Beware of the wandering northerns and gigantic carp milling about...

I will not be bringing my boat, I am either going to borrow a 14' tiller or hire a guide. I don't really care what I fish for, I just like to catch fish.