• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cow-Dussa Mods

smeese

Alright, decided I really like the Medussa's By Chaos and obviously I really like the DCG's and other similiar bucktails, but after buying the Cow-Dussa I think the two good lures combined are horrible. Anyone else feel this way? I only threw it a few times so my judgement is only on my preference not the preference of the fish. Anyways I took the Cow off the Dussa and added a second treble hook on the back of the Cow part and BAM two good lures.

I like everything about it, but only when it is split in half. Seems front heavy and does not glide well on the jerk like bulldogs or other soft baits. Time will tell though. We will see how well they work together over time.

Smeese,

I'm curious what you didn't like about the Cow-Dussa?

Aaron

Like mentioned, they do have their time and place. The Cow-Dussa definitely is not meant to be worked the same way as the Medussa though. So you aren't going to get it to glide or do the things you might be used to. With the blades, it's just not designed to do that. With some of the reports I have heard from this bait, I wouldn't give up on it quite so quickly. My suggestion would be to work it with more of a straight retrieve with much more subtle pumps of the rod or jerk-baits if you're looking to impart additional action in the bait.

Aaron