• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MarCum flasher, any word yet?

Question

CNY Tim........If the buttons are too small to push, bring along the stylus from your Palm Pilot. There, that's one problem solved!...Now with all of that power and brilliance, will that unit melt it's own hole in the ice? Will you need to bring three batteries along? You really need to get that thing out on the ice and put it through the paces. The re-game hype is fun to read but......will it put more fish on the ice for you? (Just bustin' your chops Tim!) I've had days where I just had to turn my Vex off and fish blind (which usually isn't a good thing these days.) Could never get past the interference some days. That's what I'll be waiting to hear about. The Vex has always served it's purpose for me just fine but the interference mess is just the biggest problem as I see it. Bottom/fish separation is #2. Just my 3.5 cents......T

Hey Rick... You have me all wrong. I was just lightin' a lil' fire here in the forum that's all. As far as new york is concerned..I will be one of the first to defend NY fishing. I was born in up state NY and lived there for 19 years, but now live here in MN. I think the lack of ice is finally gettin' to me. My appologies to all. It's hot sitting here in my trap watching ice fishing videos. Maybe i should take the ice kings off. Ice is coming. S21

Tbone.

That is about the only thing holding me back from buying one too. I don’t want anything that won’t work around a Vex or a Vex won’t work around either. To many people I fish with use the Vexs.

A goog fishing buddy of mine just called me last nite to to tell me he just got a new MarCum. We will be doing a lot of fishing side by side this winter. I have an old fl8. We will see how this works out. I know a lot of CNY TIM''s friends have vex's and they will definetly be tring to put the vex-hex on his new MarCum.LOL Untill we get some real ice time with these units it's all just speculation. One that's for sure the increased competion will force all manufactures to continually improve their products. And that's good for all Icefishermen

I enjoyed reading all your guy's post's. It's great, and above all it's competitive. Competiton is what makes products better.
Scenarios will play out, notes will be taken and you will know, so stay tuned. Very interesting stuff to say the least. I am receiving good questions and concerns especially on compatability issues because most anglers do not tournament fish, they fish with friends and in close at times. I will try to answer every one because the last thing I want is for some one to get hosed. It's ok for me though cause I am proud to say that I don't mind being the guinea pig. Who knows maybe this IR things a complete hoax. Stay tuned...

Aqua Eye,

Just for your information, Mills Fleet will be stocking the LX-3 for $399.99.

We are expecting them in very soon.

I welcome the idea to have competition out there to sell.

That's what makes this a great sport.

CNY Tim,
I did not mean in any way to poke fingers at you, we all value another person's opinions.

That's what these forum's are all about! grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Skeets (edited 11-25-2002).]

Skeets - Mill's Fleet eh? I have heard alot about that company but not sure what it is...
Can you enlighten me? No hard feelings taken, believe me fishing with my friends in The Ice Shanty Gang make's one have a tough skin and a keen eye. Sometimes you just don't know when someone close to you deposits in your trap, on your vehicle, in the shower, etc... Some foul dead piece of carrion or 3 month rotted old perch and then there's T-Bone's flying deer leg incident in the shower, "sorry T". All in fun.

CNY Tim.....Mills Fleet Farm is a Minnesota/Wisconsin Man Mall. You can get anything from sporting goods to fly catchers in there. During the summer, I spend alot of time in the Fergus Falls one, especially when I'm in the cabin maintenance mode....399.99? That would pay for a coupla good trips into Canada this winter. Sure glad my vex still works good. When it dies, I'll replace it. It could be some time until that happens......T

Skeets- Cool! If I get the chance to pick up one of those new toy's one day I'll try and keep you in mind. wink.gif
I had to ask since I was scoping out your domain this past weekend and didn't see any. Thank you for the info though, TROY

T-Bone : thanks for the info I will check and see if they have a web site or winter catalog What's one to do waiting on some ice... I guess the correct answer is 1 eh... grin.gif 399.99 would have got me one trip to Lake of the Woods with extra change in my pocket on the way home, good point.

For those of you that sent technical questions about the MarCum or OVS viewing system through there HSOforum. I called Mary and expressed my concern about nobody getting any replies. She is going to address this issue immedately.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-27-2002).]

We got them in yesterday.

There were 68 on order, only got 12.

I was told from the company there will be a shortage of them all year.

Get 'em early or they will be gone!

Just hope they all don't come back!!

Looks like a nice unit, the digital charger looks interesting. The adjustable zoom mode should work nice, if it works the way it is intended to. Time will tell...