• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Website Advice

Coach1310

Question

I am in the process of starting a HSOforum. I have researched a few of the sites where you can purchase an address(domain name...whatever its really called) and just have some questions regarding their services. #1. For my $$$, what do I get? Just the address or are there other services that come with it? #2. I would like to design it myself so do I need to use a specific site or is this possible on just about all of them? Do I need certain software? #3. Are there things I should watch out for? If anyone has experience in this matter and would like to share their experiences/thoughts I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for any help

2 answers to this question

Hey coach, I use 1and1 dot com. You get your domain and site building tools. It's not all that hard to setup and get going. If I had the time, I would use Joomla for the design, but for the the basic tools they offer are fine. You get FTP acces, 250 email addys, storage space and more features. If you wanna put your email up, I can get a hold of you and send you a reference from them to get you a discount.

Coach, 1 and 1 is good. Just about as good as it gets.

There are tons of free development tools out there if you want to keep it cheap for free. Also there are some free web site template or if you way to pay some money, complete web sites already made that you purchase and just change text. One thing to note for these, is they require you to have like GoLive and/or Flash and/or Photoshop to make these said changes on templates.