• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance net Question

walleyewild

I am networking a x25 and 337 together on the new rig.

GPS puck is in the transom, 25 on the council and 337 on the bow.

If I have this figured out right I need 3-T's 2-15' extensions and 2-2'extensions correct?

All bue network connections.

I will be powering the net from the x25 only.

I may eventually add a fuel flow sensor at some point in time if the need arises.

Is there anything else that I'll need for the basic network?

WW

The 3 T connectors is correct for 2 units and 1 gps puck, if you're powering the network from one of the units.

With your setup and the 2 15-foot cables I assume you're putting your T's under the console and running one cable to the bow and one cable to the transom? If so they should connect directly to those units and you should only need 1 of the 2-foot cables??? It depends on where your Ts will be, and the units you're connecting too.

Don't forget that you need 2 terminators for the ends of the network.

With the units you're using you can power the network from one of the head units. But if you think there might be an HDS unit in your future you might want to power the network with a power node and separate T connector now --- an HDS unit will plug-and-play right into your existing network, but you can't power the network from an HDS unit. Lots of guys have run into surprises this year when their network "lot power" because they switched to an new head unit. Definately not something you need to do, just something you might want to consider.

Dave,

Thanks for your help today, I'll get back to you on Monday and let you know what I need so you can get it ordered for me.

I think that I'll do the network, but I might wait till I get back and have more time to install it right.

I want to see how the dealer put the 25 in.

WW

Bill