• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Code for johnson motors.

asleson

I N T R O D U C E S

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

The odd thing is your model number doens't look quite right... normally it'd be J90, and so on, with the first letter indicating the brand johnson vs evinrude) and the next two numbers indicating the hp.

Looks like a 03?

marine_man

The code above is correct. Here's an example:

Typically, on the motor you'll see: J6RLCOB Use the letters in the fifth and sixth places. In other words, the C and O. From the code in the previous entry, the year of the motor would be '85. The C represents an 8 and the O represents a 5. There is a cut-off date when they no longer used the code, but I don't know that year.

I thought wrote it down correct I will check again. My uncle passed away recently and has a boat motor and trailer and I would like to buy it from my aunt. I know the trailer is a 19 90 model, is there away to tell what year the boat is?

Ah.. I did a little more researching and found this:

The letter "A" was a designation for an alternate color scheme (it was used during the late 80's and early 90's) and this info is not well known. I believe that the 90 hp is a 1989 model.

marine_man

Thank you marine man for your research. I found I have another problem maybe someone could help. The boat is a 1990 pro-v 1700. It was last registered in Ill. My uncle who just passed away bought it from a guy in Ill. He has also passed away, but I dont know his name, my aunt cant find the title and doesnt know if my uncle even had it. How can I get a title for this boat in MN.