• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tuf-Line

mrklean

I have used it for years...went away from it last year to see if I was missing out on something...and it's back on my reels again this year. Very manageable and hasn't failed me yet.

If you picked up the regular tuf you'll want to remove it before the cold water season, that stuff retains so much water it's crazy. I put it on a reel and used it for an outing I was soaked, got home stripped it off and tossed it.

Hopefully your experience with it is better.

RU

If you picked up the regular tuf you'll want to remove it before the cold water season, that stuff retains so much water it's crazy. I put it on a reel and used it for an outing I was soaked, got home stripped it off and tossed it.

Hopefully your experience with it is better.

RU

That depends on which tuf line you have, I believe they have a coated model which i've used and it doesn't bring much water in. (until the coating wears off like all the other line i have)

There are a couple of Tuf-lines that I'm aware of.

The line that has black specs in it holds the water. The black is Dacron.

Go to the pure white and it holds much less water which is really nice come fall.

It's been a great line. Only one I've used, but no issues and it's pretty good when I have to pick out backlashes, too.

DB

The TUF I was running was the white with black specs.

Up until this year it was Power Pro for me, this year I'm running Stren Super Braid, found a TON of it for a more then fair price, and all my reels needed line replacement any way.

RU

Was a huge TUF-LINE fan for many years. Biggest drawback was the water retention issue. Couldn't stand to fish with it in the fall. Would make your hands freeze in a heartbeat. Last year was sold on Spiderwire Stealth and have it on all of my reels. To me the performance is just all around much better.

Its good line Ive used it for years but last year I spooled one with Masterbraid, this year I have 4 spooled with it including my wife's, she liked Tuff line because it cooled her hands in the summer but last week she was happy it wasn't Tuff line LOL.

Both are good but I'm really turning to Masterbraid Bronzeback.

I use Tuff line. Had used the regular Tuff Line ...white with black specs.... for a few years and did like it other than the water retention. For the last 3 years have used the Tuff Line XP and really like that as it is a waxed line and don't carry the water in nearly as bad.