• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1999 1950 Tyee Mag I/O

prov1900

What do you think? Buddy wants to buy one. We looked at it tonight, 2nd owner wants 18K give take for it. It has the standard dock rash with a few dents. Comes with newer 70 lb thrust Minn Kota, Lowrance 111CHD and another Eagle GPS combo up front. Trailer looks like a well worn Shorelander dual axle. Carpet is probably in about 60% of its shape. Comes with 99 15hp kicker. Seats are in great shape for a 99.

This will be his first boat, so I am excited for him to get it, however was wanting the experts (you) opinions of what you would expect to pay. His wife is excited, but apprehensive, naturally.

What is everyone's opinions on the I/O? Never owned one so I don't have a lot of input. It is a consignment at a dealership. Dealership offered to take family out for a test spin on the mighty Mo.

I know this isn't enough info to go on, but I would personally rate the "looks" of the boat at about a 7.0 out of 10.

My old man just picked up a 2001 1950 tyee magnum with ITS and a 15 hp 4 stroke kicker. Full top and snap on cover Lowrance graph. Excellent shape with very little scratches and very low hours on the motors for $16500. I might say it is a bit high priced??

It does seem like a bit much for that rig... that said though, I do think shmick_shmacky's dad got a pretty good deal on his rig.

Have you / has he done much comparison shopping? I'd look into that a little bit before you / he settles on a price.

marine_man

Based off the description I would also say 18 sounds a tad high for that boat. Hard to tell without a some pics.

As a side note, the larger windshield lunds are a great all around family boat..very comfortable, IMO. Between a couple friends, family and myself we own five of them. (17 Fisherman, 18 Fisherman, 1950 Tyee Mag, 20 Fisherman, 20 Fisherman)

Good times!!

I have a 1996 1850 Tyee I/O and have been happy with it. It's easy on the gas, has plenty of power. The engine has been reliable with only a fuel pump issue that was fixed under warranty. The asking price might be high. You could offer less and wait and see. There are lots of boats for sale.