Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mknolls

Lake Vermillion fishing trip

5 posts in this topic

I'm going on a vacation to lake Vermilion for a week. I will be staying off of Moccasin point. I have never fished this lake before and looking for some advice as to what the best bait and maybe some locations I could find some Walleye musky and pan fish. I would be great full for any advice you all want to give me. Thanks

check out the vermilion forum. Lots of info already there.

Thanks I don't know why I didn't even look. Great full.

Just my opinion from fishing there last year, but try fishing eyes early and late. During the day chase bass and panfish.

Just my opinion from fishing there last year, but try fishing eyes early and late. During the day chase bass and panfish.

Right on. Eyes stay deep mid day and are up in 8-12 FOW early AM and right before dark (9:20-9:45 is prime time).

Try to find some weeds for the panfish. They seem to like the really thick weeds with all of the water wolves in Vermilion. Rocky/rubble shorelines for SMB or muddy bays for LMB.

The water is really cold up there right now (59 surface temp yesterday) so the bass are a bit sluggish yet. I have caught more on jigs with minnows than I have casting at shorelines.

Steve