• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tackle box pic (updated 7/6)

Will

I am looking for a big tackle box/bag for hanging big baits. Looking for something besides the plano or lakewood. I use a softside with several boxes right now and am looking for a little easier access. I saw a plexiglass one at the musky show a few years back, but i have not seen them since.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

If money is an issue...I picked up 2-10' pieces of 5" PVC and cut it into 14" sections then fastened them together in a 3x4 grid. Threw on a spare luggage strap I had laying around and bada-bing. I gotta musky box that will fit any size of bait for 20 bucks (from creepers to pounders to bucky's). At any given point I could fit 50+ lures in there depending on the profile of the lure. What's nice is you can expand the case size by adding a few more tubes on there as needed. I'll try and snap a few photos when I get home. Just an idea.

I also did the 4" PVC pipe model, but found that it was a bit heavy. Instead what I did was take a $10 rubbermaid tub, drill a few holes in the bottom, and cut cheap downspout to fit inside. For about $20 I have a customizable box that can fit everything up to 14" Jakes.

53orbigger

I thought about doing something like that around the front seat pedistal. Do the hooks tangle alot. What did you use to connect them together?

That's my next plan is to put a few around the front pedestal. I haven't had too much of a problem with hook tangling. The trick is to place lures in the box with the belly of the lure facing the tube in order to keep the hooks a bit more manageable. Here's my plans that I used while constructing, I'll take a pic of the final product when I get a chance this evening.

BaitTubeBox-1.jpg

The justencase boxs are great boxs. I just got mine and mine was the biggest one he has ever built. They hold alot of lures and you can see the lures you want plus these thing are made of polycarbonate which if bonded right almost indestructuble. Call Bob or email him and he will customize anything you want.

The justencase boxs are great boxs. I just got mine and mine was the biggest one he has ever built. They hold alot of lures and you can see the lures you want plus these thing are made of polycarbonate which if bonded right almost indestructuble. Call Bob or email him and he will customize anything you want.

What kind of price did you get and what are the dimensions of yours?

Originally Posted By: muskybuster

What kind of price did you get and what are the dimensions of yours?

I got the (241216D) model which the dimensions are 24L*12W*16H;36 divider sections. I got two inches of height added on to mine which is perfect for the pounders and super model cowgirls and other double bladed baits. The box that I got was 180 bucks not including tax because I picked it up at his house so that shipping rates weren't outrageous. I also got the drawer on the bottom. Great purchase. If i knew how to get pictures up I would definitley show you the box I got loaded with all my stuff.