• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP-Trailer lights

Huskie

Question

Heading north in the morning, checked my boat trailer lights and the right blinker and left brake light didn't work. On inspecting it I noticed that the wesbar 102640 waterproof lights are not waterproof. Have not used the rig for 3 weeks and the light was 1/2 full of water. Now the problem is, how do you get the lense off to replace the bulb. I took the red lenses off but the clear inside lense doesn't have any srews to remove. Surely there must be a way without replacing the entire unit. Need help quickly--fish might be biting!!!!!

7 answers to this question

if they are anything like the Wesbar lights on my EZ Loader boat trailer, you have to replace the entire "capsule". I see that there is now a "new improved" version capsule out there that does in fact allow access to the bulbs alone, but the older ones don't come apart. Frustrated the heck out of me, why spend nearly $20.00 (Cdn) for the capsule when I can buy a dozen #1157 bulbs for under $5.00?

Hope you are able to get it fixed quickly (and cheaply) and have good luck fishing!

Here's what I would do. Get a list of boat dealers along the route you're traveling and start calling them once you're on the way. You should be able to find one that has that light in stock and you won't lose much time getting it fixed. If you get pulled over on the way, all you have to tell him is that you're heading to (fill in dealers name here) to get it fixed right now.

I still have tail lights on both side, but since I'm going through the cities on the Way to Winnie, I'll stop at Cabela's in Owatonna and pick up a replacement and fix it in the parking lot, thanks for the help and be safe.

Had the same problem with mine. I needed to get it fixed right away so I juct took a small saw and cut an access hole in the clear plastic so I could get at the bulb. Not waterproof anymore but then they evidently weren't before!! Very tough plastic I might add.

Skyhawk

I too would buy two new LED rear lamps and get it over with. I've had LED's for 3 seasons now and never a single problem, never unhook lights at the access, always have lights! The extra $10-20 for a set of lights is well worth all the hassle you'll miss out on.