• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Turn It Up!

DARK30

Ah Man Jimmy Caster grin

The King of Funk! Many rap and funk groups in the 80’s 90's and today took his funk and applied it to their songs. He is a legend. Listen to The Jimmy Castor Bunch's "POTENTIAL" and tell me that Rick James did not steal material from that wink

I remember this song very well. Cool 108 used to play it when they first started and the only other radio show I recall playing Troglodyte was Dr. Demento. My uncle also listened to them and had some of their albums when I was a kid. I still remember seeing the cover of "Butt Of Course" as a little kid. The cartoon of the cave women was my first experience seeing anything like that grin

This one is the answer to Troglodyte wink Luther the Anthropoid:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Funkadelic man! grin Jimmy castor is the founder of that term also and it is the name of one of his songs.

Thanks for showing this D30. I have not thought about this song and Jimmy Caster in a very long time. Off to ITunes now grin

Jimmy Castor is so old school, I can recall his stuff being sampled by old school rap tunes like To Hot by Eric B and Rakim, NWA, Beasties...... Now Kanye West is grabbing his stuff.

Great grooves are timeless

Big Bertha Butt....one of the Butt sisters.

That is hilarious, I've never heard that one before.

Now I know after all of these years where that came from and why I got my face slapped for repeating that term one day. I have to say that I was about 8-9 y.o at the time.

I still think it's funny. Thanks for sharing DARK.

They don't make um like they used to!

Heres some friends of mine playing at a birthday party last saturday night at my old home away from home campground. Its all good....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.