• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Insider Mag DONE

stick

I got a postcard today stating that "We are sorry to tell you that as of the May/June 2009 issue, Walleye In-Sider magazine has ceased publication." It then states that the remainder of my subscription will be covered by "Game and Fish" mag.

Anyone else get this? What gives??? I like that far better than In-Fisherman. Can anyone say what Game and fish is like?

I'm tempted to ask for my money back.

Quote:
In-sider was part of In-Fisherman. I do believe.

Yep. Intermedia Outdoors to be exact.

I have no idea. Maybe they are just cutting back on the issues? People have been saying the same thing about the Catfosh In-sider for years. Never seen a card about it though.

To bad if true.

Over the years it covered the PWT, but there was still a lot of regular articles. Oh well...I'm dealing less and less with them, and the Walley In-sider was my last patronage to the organization. Once the Lindners left the organization, it started to fall apart IMO.

This is really a bummer. I already have In Fisherman but they are just extending my subscription to it. Hopefully the standard In Fisherman puts more effort and media into Walleyes than before...it kinda slacked and was the reason I liked Walleye Insider so much.

I've been getting more useful fishing tips from Field and Stream than In-Fisherman for the past year. Folding the PWT and scaling back publications and loss of quality... all signs of stress and strain on Intermedia. In fact, when I registered for the 2008 Mobridge SD PWT event, they MANDATED that I subscribe to Walleye Insider, and they cashed my check but never delivered the mag - ever!

In the past year I've let In Fisherman (just product marketers nowadays), MN Sportsman (same junk different year), Outdoor news (all the do is spoil the lakes I'm fishing with "mee-too" fishermen anymore) subscriptions run out - but I kept Field and Stream. Straight talk tips that are new an innovative anyone can do with some very detailed how to's.

I also had GAme and fish a couple years back. Really no different than MN Sportsman in content and quality.