• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bald Eagle or WBL tomorrow?

I have never fished either lake before and am going tomorrow. Which one should I try first this time of year? I'm talking Muskys. Not looking for spots at all.

I know I could hit both the same day but I want to learn the lakes so would spend the time working one lake first.

Let's hear what you think.

Thanks.

Dave

Baldy is typically a good bet early in the year with these water temps. A lot of structure and a number of different things can work out there now. If the fish don't show themselves shallow, don't be afraid to go off the humps and edges to the deeper water about a 2 casts off and throw in. Jerkbaits can be good, rippin' cranks too. Then, you can also throw what most others seem to be throwing these day. DBL Cowgirls... I also have done well with spinnerbaits out there. Topwater usually is better once you start to see warmer water stabilizing. We've had a lot of rain and cool nights recently, so I would say that is cooling the water some... Good luck. I wonder how that launch is. I know WBL is really LOW and you may not be able to even launch there?

Jiggin,

Thanks for the info. I checked out both launches today. WBL is really low but the launch is still usable. I watched a guy launch his Ranger. He did alright. The shoreline around the launch looks terrible!

The Bald Eagle launch seems to be OK.

Bald Eagle it is then.

Thanks again.

Dave

With the weather warming up, Bald Eagle will warm faster and so in theory the fish should be more active, (in theory lol) so i'd probably start there. It is easy to jump to the other if nothing is going on, you'll be fine at the launch. I've put my ranger in there several times this year without issue, thankfully it's ALL sand!