Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SunneyeDay

U.S. Open Champion?

50 posts in this topic

I know it's a little early for this thread, but I was excited by the AP story that Phil will be playing this week and next.

Any predictions?

I got my money on the man who needs a good distraction in his life right now- Phil Mickelson.

Go lefty!

That would be cool to see for sure!

Looks like Tiger will obviously be contending again this year but you still need some breaks to win an Open!

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone but Tiger winning... If I was gonna pick a dark horse I think Sergio could do well. He's streaky but when he gets on a roll, look out! P.S. I really dislike him though..

Tiger is gonna stink it up. He's not even close to his old self. I'll be surprised if he makes the cut.

Kenny Perry or Boo Weekely. Both of them feed off of the crowd, both are rowdy, and we all remember what happened to Sergio last time he played there. I predict that Sergio gets his 17 count waggle back by Sunday........

Umm didn't he just win last week? Yeah, a 65 on Sunday...he's not even close to his old self! Unreal!

He's joking of course.

I'll take the field over Tiger if anybody wants to wager say a number 7 Shad-Rap in firetiger.... grin

Hmmm, I don't know about the field but I'll take Woods, Garcia and a player to be named later against the field.

Hmmm, I don't know about the field but I'll take Woods, Garcia and a player to be named later against the field.

Let me know what "named later" player? And I'll probably take the Shad-Rap bet. grin

Me thinks El Serge aint putting too well these days..LOL.

Okie dokie! I have to put some thought into it but I will get back to ya by Wednesday afternoon... smile

Retief Goosen, Trevor Immelman, Zach Johnson, Paul Casey, Jim Furyk, Sean O'Hair or Stewart Cink.

I haven't decided yet.

Originally Posted By: vook

Let me know what "named later" player? And I'll probably take the Shad-Rap bet. grin

Me thinks El Serge aint putting too well these days..LOL.

Ok, I've decided. I'll take Tiger, and if I need them I'll go w/ Garcia and Furyk. Deal?

My two-man team for the work pool (no Tiger's allowed):

Furyk

Sabbatinni

I would love to see Lehman/ Lumpy make a run, but maybe they'll be nice and wait until I get to see it at Hazeltine...

Retief Goosen, Trevor Immelman, Zach Johnson, Paul Casey, Jim Furyk, Sean O'Hair or Stewart Cink.

I haven't decided yet.

Solid picks Otts other than Immelman who WON't make the Snap!"cut"... grin

I'm gonna pick Stricker. Looking for Allenby to be in the mix as well. Who I'd really like to see win... Angel Cabrera.

Poulter will be in it as well. Really would like to see Ernie play well. Not sure if he's washed up or not. Goosen could make a run.

Stricker wins it with a -3.

It would be nice to see Phil win with whats going on in his life but I wouldnt bet on it. I like Furyk and he's been playing real well this year.

But I do think Tiger is a solid bet. If his swing stays how it was in the last tourny it should be his to loose. He was second in fairways hit including all of them on sunday. and the fairways at Bethpage are wider...

A co-worker and friend of mine has tickets to tomorrows round. He's a big Phil fan and is all kinds of excited...

It would be nice to see Phil win with whats going on in his life but I wouldnt bet on it.

I agree. I'm a huge Tiger fan but wouldn't hurt my feelings if Phil won this one.

IT LOOKS LIKE THE RAIN IS WINNING RIGHT NOW. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE PHIL FINALLY PULL IT OFF AT THE U.S OPEN. IT SOUNDS LIKE PAR IS GOING TO BE A GOOD SCORE THOUGH.

Just saw a few scores...you said it crazyeyes, tough course, bad conditions.