Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vook

Tires??

24 posts in this topic

I'm looking into puttin some new rubber on my Suzuki 750 KQ... I think 26's are what I am set on right now. My question is what brand of tires do you think are best for snow and mud. I'd like to use it on the lakes more this year so I'd appreciate any advice on the subject. What works for you? I've heard Interco Swamp Lites and the ITP's 589's...

from my experiance i would stay away from a agressive mud tire if you will be useing it in snow they dig to much. i have 26" outlaws and they are one of the best mud tires i have used but they are terrible in snow i had a buddy pull my fish house out with his yzf450 and not have any trouble and i need to drive in 4 wheel drive or i would dig down and get suck.

I second the Maxxis Big Horns, as soon as I get my new wheeler they are going on...

get the itp terracross they are the best tire around

Big Horns are great tires and last a long time. We are running them on both of our machines.

I will echo what everyone says about the Maxxis Bighorns. Seen them in action. where other machines will be buried, the machines with the Bighorns walk through the snow.

Thanks guys! So the concensus is that the Bighorns are the best for deeper snow too?

Yep, they are as good as they get for snow tires, still won't beat tracks though. I'm running bighorns and just picked up another set for my dad. Another nice thing is they wear like iron.

Thanks guys! So the concensus is that the Bighorns are the best for deeper snow too?

If the snow is too deep for the BigHorns then your machine is already going to get stuck high-centered.

Realistically to go thru anymore snow than the Bighorns(aired down to 1-3 psi)will go thru you should consider tracks. For the average MN/WI user the BigHorns shine in all except for extreme mud.

Ok now where can I get the best deal? I see that they are pretty spendy anywhere I look...

Regardless of the cost that you'll find most anywhere, they're well worth the money.

Sometimes the best deals can be had right at your local dealership who gets some of their parts from Parts Unlimited. But you have to be a dealership to order parts through them.

rocky mountain or [YouNeedAuthorization]

RockyMountainATV has been real good to me. Check around you may be able to find a 10% off code.

ask for Larry at westside tire in Hamel

I run terracross but heard bighorns are good as stated above, I have 14" rims lil better clearance, but there is no answer to high centering in the snow

I run terracross but heard bighorns are good as stated above, I have 14" rims lil better clearance, but there is no answer to high centering in the snow

Sure there is. Tracks!!!!!!!!!! grin

The bad thing about tracks. If you ever do get stuck, noone will ever get to you. blush

Originally Posted By: KLoopBinaction

Sure there is. Tracks!!!!!!!!!! grin

No way< if ya need tracks<,,, get a sled..

You may be able to get there faster on a sled but the tracks will handle deep snow better than any non-mountain sled. You can keep your sled for the 2-times a year they are worth owning.

You may be able to get there faster on a sled but the tracks will handle deep snow better than any non-mountain sled. You can keep your sled for the 2-times a year they are worth owning.

100% Agreed! The resale value of a wheeler is alot better than a sled also.

Originally Posted By: KLoopBinaction

lol ya the 2 times a year, true, but then those tracks are two times a year in the same breath, waste of money

For the price of tracks you can have a sled to go along with your wheeler and not have to swap tracks and tires spring and fall.

ATV's with tracks or snowmobiles, no matter which you choose, all have their place. wink