• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Headed up for the weekend with a few old friends that are expecting me to put them on fish. I have never been on this lake and was wondering if any one could help me out with some general information. Mainly be looking at either walleye, bass, or pike. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Can't help you much on the walleyes, I've been fishing them there, just not catching them. Been getting northerns and bass where I should be getting walleyes, humps and weed edges. A guy I work with guides out there and he's been getting them (walleyes) suspended in deeper water trolling crawler harnesses.

If all else fails, head across the road to Grindstone. I've been picking up a few smaller walleyes there early mornings and evenings.

Well, headed up to to LCO to enjoy the WI walleye opener. I have been there once before in the middle of the day, and caught nil.

This weekend I was planning on concentrating my efforts on mostly night fishing. Does anyone out there who fishes it have any luck at all for walleyes during the day?

Also, could someone tell me if motor trolling is permitted? If so, that will be on the night time agenda.

I saw this this morning but since I was heading out there today, I decided to wait til I got back. Was after the elusive crappie and they remained elusive, only managed a few small perch. Anyway, the water temps were anywhere from 50 to 54 so it should be warmed up nicely for the opener.

I've never done very good for walleyes during the day either, mostly early morning and late evening. There's a healthy population of nice sized northerns in there that you could target during the day though. And yes, trolling is permitted.

Hope that helps.