• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OCC on Larry King

IFallsRon

Any discussion of why he jerk-baits around Junior?

I am, was, and always will be under the impression that is all for the cameras and the audiences. There are tons of times he's a big old teddy bear on the show, I think that is the real side of Sr.

I saw some bio deal on Senior this weekend that detailed his life while he was raising the kids. For the first 10 years or so he had a problem with alcohol and seemed like a pretty lousy dad. I think there are some issues still steming from that, at least thats the way Jr and Sr made it sound.

I think some of it is still being played up for the cameras though, after all you need drama for it to be decent tv. Although they did show some old home movie clips of Sr. and he acted much the same way, a little rough around the edges but he showed a teddy bear side as well.

I'm totally convinced that all the types of shows need to create a story line to keep interest, and more times then not it is some sort of personal issue between characters.

Look back at all these shows and you will find it.

Perfect example now is Jon and Kate

I think most of it is for real. Those guys get really po'ed at eachother. How many of Sr's office doors has Jr punched through, I know on the one episode he almost broke his hand. It seems like he is hard on him because he expects alot from him, unlike Mikey who Sr. knows is just a looser.

My dad met Mikey on a cruise a few years back. Said he was a really nice laid back kinda guy.

I think most of it is real, tho the cameras on them may bring out more drama. I have known people like that with their brothers etc and while they fight like you wouldnt believe, love eachother and spend a lot of time together

i met Vinnie a few years ago at a SkillsUSA conference in Kansas City. What a great guy. I wish that he was back on the show.

I have kinda stopped watching the program because of all of the drama. Before I really enjoyed watching them build the bikes. Their workmanship is awesome. I have seen the Snapon bike and the Miller electric bikes in person and they are just beautiful.

I just wish that senior and jr can work out their differences and get on with life. Life is too short for a father and son to be on edge with each other like those two are...

Anyone else watch the new episode last night? Mikey sure is bummed about his dad leaving him out of the mix. I like him and all but come on allready do something with your life. I cant say I blame the old man for getting tired of him laying his lazy azz around sponging off dady's company. I mean if you dont have a skill to offer you better have a dammm good work ethic and he has niether. He try's to make it sound like its all about the money to Sr. well how about a little respect for the business your dad started and what work you can do to make it better instead of worrying about what trip is next and what the sights you get to see are. I know a few guys that have met them before and read articles from reporters that have spent time with them and believe they really are this way, not as much manufactured drama for the camera like most reality shows. Hopefully this fallout will help the brothers grow up some and see what a job in the real world is like and will want to come back and actually try hard for the old man,

I agree with you IC. I think reality is starting to sink in to old Mikey. As I watched the last episode I started to think maybe Mikey is getting a little depressed. Quite frankly, I think he may suffer from ADD. He tries new things but never sticks with anything for very long. I like Mikey. He seems like a good guy. But, he needs to find something to do with his life.

I lost track....why isn't Vinnie on the show anymore?

I saw the show last night as well but look at it a bit differently after hearing what the boys discussed (if it's true). Sounds like Mikey was under contract where he had to make public appearances which no doubt the people and fans enjoyed. Mikey is the lovable screw-off of the crew which added a different aspect to their business and I think people enjoyed the break from the monotonous bike building.

Yes, he is kind of a "load" as he doesn't add much mechanically to bike building, but public relations work has it's importance to a successful business as well.

After watching the last two shows I think Mikey has a point when he says that Sr. always has somebody buzzing in his ear and swaying his decisions. I can't recall his name but it's the guy who has the desk adjoining Sr's. He sure seems to want the sons out and looks like he's jockeying for a higher step on the OCC ladder and a bigger piece of the pie. Sr's wife is probably a silent assassin in this deal too and she looks like a cold-hearted back stabber.

The rest of the crew appears to be frazzled out and tired of the drama too. I wouldn't be surprised to see more turnover of their top employees unless Sr gets his act together. Fame has gone to his over sized head big time and he's forgetting how he got there.

I would be curious to know what kind of stake they each have in the company. I thought that Sr and Jr were partners, yet Sr fires him? Jr has to have some rights to the company and I'd bet some juicy royalties in merchandise sales. I don't think he'll be hurting for cash anytime soon!

Thanks Sandmannd.

Is Jr. planning on building bikes too? I am surprised that OCC didn't have some sort of "no compete clause" with Jr and Vinnie. Sr's piece of the pie can only get smaller now, don't you think?

I had to laugh when Sr went to Abu Daubi (sp?)and people were asking Sr where Mikey was!!! It would have been fun to see what would have happened had Mikey gone along. I am sure there would have been a good laugh involved.

OCC needs to find someone who has the creative mind that Jr. has. Jr's bike's were nice. He had a good balance in his designs. Sr's bikes seem gaudy to me. I could never figure out why Sr would stick his nose in Jr. bike designs. Jr's bike were always nice and always got done in time!