Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveD

KOTC St Croix Channel Cat Upgrade

11 posts in this topic

Picked up a beautiful 30" X 19.5" = 49.5 point KOTC channel cat upgrade from the St Croix tonight. Picked him up on fresh cut sucker at 2030. Got another channel at 2146 that was a beaut too at a fat 29" fish but it was not an upgrade for me. Channels are really hammering cut bait - I had a struggle getting the rod out of the rod holder when he hit.

30X1959June093.jpg

Nice looking Channel Steve. Good job on the upgrade.

Variety -- it is the spice of life, eh? Nice fish Steve! I'd rather catch a channel like that than 5 of the tiny flatheads I've been getting. Those big channels put up a fight!

how big was your cutbait and did he swallow it?? my god that thing is chunky.

how big was your cutbait and did he swallow it?? my god that thing is chunky.

I got one last week on a 7" bullhead so they are feeding pretty heavy right now. The one I caught after this one was 29" and really fat too. I was fishing a chunk of cut sucker about 2" X 3" on a 5/0 circle hook and he was hooked solid right in the corner of the mouth. They hit the bait so hard that the rod just buckles over in the rod holder.

Very nice channel Steve and congrates on the UG. Makes a guy wonder where you will go from here on the channel side grin

someone is one fire this year great channel steve I gotta get out on that strech of river soooon!!!