• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 season

I hear that. On the way home from leech lake last weekend we saw a buck standing on the side of the road near camp ripley. Antlers were just coming over the top of the ears, and it has time to get bigger. That got me thinking about the season.

Anybody know the dead line for ripley? Is it Augest? I could find out but this is easier.

there havent been to many days that have gone by that i havent thought about bow season

Same here, at just about any time or any where my mind can jump into bowhunting mode. I can be in another state driving by some land I know I will never hunt but I just can't help but size up the hunting potential.

After the food plots are in and trail cameras are up one can't help but look forward to the New season. It's a lot of fun to check the bucks out right now...seems like they could all be Booners at this point.

This off season has been one of the toughest for me in a long time. Not sure why exactly, but I can't seem to get it out of my head. Hopefully chasin' muskies for a while will make me forget the upcoming season for a little while (although it certainly won't make me more sane). crazy

archery opener is 9/19/09 this year. trust me, i know. i was supposed to get married that day. bad day for a wedding huh! fiance' is in grad school now for a year, so we are waiting till next fall to get hitched.

archery opener is 9/19/09 this year. trust me, i know. i was supposed to get married that day. bad day for a wedding huh! fiance' is in grad school now for a year, so we are waiting till next fall to get hitched.

Oh no not the dreaded fall wedding! I think I have one of those this year, nothing but lost hunting time. I made sure my wedding didn't conflict with anything important. We got married in early spring before fishing opener, I know I don't like to burn up a summer weekend going to a wedding, and of course the fall was off limits for me.

I am getting the itch as well. I took the bow out for practice this weekend. I haven't used it since December and I did something that I have not done in five years. I got kissed from my string. I am black and blue from my elbow to almost my wrist. My buddies should have a good time razzing me on this one.

Originally Posted By: vister

Oh no not the dreaded fall wedding! I think I have one of those this year, nothing but lost hunting time. I made sure my wedding didn't conflict with anything important. We got married in early spring before fishing opener, I know I don't like to burn up a summer weekend going to a wedding, and of course the fall was off limits for me.

lol there is no good time for a wedding. fall= hunting, spring= fishing openers, summer= vacations, and winter= ice fishing

I can not wait till opener. Boss and i were talking about when harvest would be this year. He said well...hopefully around first part of sept. I told him well it better be done by Sept 19 or you will be having a hard time getting me into the combine for the first few days. Hopefully the bugs aren't as bad this year and I can get out of the ground blind for more then just a day or two.