• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am looking for some info on the Minong Flowage? A friend of mine has some land nearby, and we were looking to get away for a few days, bring the boat and camp on his land to keep it cheap. I am trying to find a good spot to start for smallies, and of course eyes' and maybe some muskies. Will the minong flowage provide this? I am going to do a bit of searching now, but is it a large body? Deep? Shallow? Fishable? Any advise would be great!

right now the walleyes seem to be pretty tight lipped and the smallies should be in pre-spawn. The water temps are still pretty cool for this time of year. they were getting crappies and gills that still had spawn in them over the weekend. i would try dragging crawler harnesses on the main lake basin in about 10 f.o.w. for the walleyes and try the stump areas for the smallies and as for skies I have never tried for them in there but i do know that there are some nice pike in there.

good luck

Jar Jar

I have never fished open water this time of year down there but I fish opener and a few weeks after and do very well. Try the narrows area by the stump fields or the area on the north side of the big island.

Jar Jar

I will miss the opener, but likely be out on the following weekend. Let us know how the fishing is out on there, I usually stay on our smaller lake but may give the flowage a try. Not that I expect any major insight, but where do you think the walleyes will be around this time of year? I only go out there a few times a summer, usually May-early June, and fish the steeper shorelines on the south portion of the lake. I've actually never even ventured north of the boat launch, so I haven't tried the stump fields or other structures near the mouth of the inflow. Thanks and good luck!